1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Car DVD & Two 7" Screens - £169.99

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Flashman, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi,
    don't know if this is of use to anyone, but I've just bought the above kit from Toys R Us - Was £299.99 now reduced to £169.99 - A not insubstantial saving of £130.....

It's branded Technosonic, but picture quality seems pretty good and certainly fine for the kids...Previously had a single all in one DVD player in the car with a built in 7" screen, but these new ones are much, much sharper and have great definition.

A top loading DVD player, two slim 7" screens which come with desktop stands, mains adaptor, in car adaptor, bags and remote....well pleased!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.as...TruHomeEntertainmentPortableDVDPlayers/886270

2. wezzb

wezzb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Thanks for the tip, just been and bought this set and for the money its outstanding, what a great picture!!
    Thanks, Wez.

3. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Wez, glad you're happy. Best money I've spent in a while, car journeys with the kids are just so quiet and peaceful now - Fantastic!

Just need to find out if there is a hack anywhere to make it multiregion....

4. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Got newsletter from Aldi, for car DVD player and 2 7"screen setup, available athis Thurs, again for £169.99. It has 3 yr warranty, but don't know how these systems compare? Again don't know about multiregio, though it says PAL/NTSC switchable??

5. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I haven't seen the Aldi advert, all I can say is that the system I've bought from Toys R Us is very good.

Usually the small LCD displays with these aren't very clear or look a bit blocky because they are low resolution....However I watched a piece of Troy on mine indoors the other night and there was lots of detail and a pretty good picture given the size and cost of the setup.

6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I notice CostCo have a unit with two display pannels for what appears to be a bargainous £117 inclusive of vat.

7. Andy+

Andy+

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been into my local (Glasgow) Costco today, but didn't see the DVD player. Where did you see this?

8. skip

skip
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    if its the same as the one in costco liverpool its £199 with vat for the player and 2 screens.

9. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Glasgow :smashin: It was in a sealed display,iirc on the isle adjacent to the washing machines/dishwashers.

Edit: I stuck my head in for a look at 13:00 today. The display unit has been emptied (it's located next to a glass tv stand and a wall mount for lcd displays in the vcr row). The price appeared correct at £99.99 + vat.

10. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    I picked up a Venturer one today in one of those iffy Cash Generator stores, DVD player and 2x 6.2" screens + a Game controller that connect in as well with 25 games built in for £139.99, all in a nice padded bag to keep it safe in the boot when not in use