1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In car DVD system for occasional use

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by SanPedro, Jun 12, 2005.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Going to France next month and I'm thinking of getting a DVD system to occupy the kids on the long trip south.

Anybody got any recommendations?

I've seen a system that allows a PS2 to be plugged into two screens, which means I don't need a DVD player. Would this be be a better bet than buying one that includes a player. The systems I've seen ar around £200 - £250.

Would they be any good or complete rubbish. Would I be better off buying a box with a single screen if the quality is better.

Cheers

Chris

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Get the sony one which you can straop the on the chair or mount in the middle.. got a 7" screen and headphone socket built in plus can be used in the house... only £99 at halfords at the mo!!

Matt

3. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    the sony may be cheap but try finding one in halfords, nobody has one as they are a discontinued line but they do have a venturer with a dvd player and 2x 7" screens. the beauty with this is that it has switchable inputs on the monitors so you can have dvd on both, ps2 on one and dvd on the other or both on ps2 plus you can find a multi region hack on the net for it. all this for £250, bargain!!!

4. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Sounds good. Had a look at that one in Halfords the other week. Any ideas as to what would the quality be like?

CL

5. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    brilliant, i took one apart the other day and from what i could see it was a sharp monitor. its easily the best quality screen out of all the units halfords stock

6. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Cheers

Halfords it is then. Should keep the kids quiet for a few hours. Just need that and an adapter for the PS and they can watch/play whatever they like. Hopefully no more arguments, well maybe fewer of them anyway.

:thumbsup: