In-Car DAB - Any good?

TheSeer

Novice Member
Hello,

I'm thinking of getting a DAB unit fitted into my car - mainly to access some of the additional stations that are available. Does anyone have experience of in-car DAB? What the coverage like around the M25? Would you recommend it?

Also be grateful if anyone could recommend a DAB / CD head unit that can control a multi-changer as well.

Many thanks

J

Jason Grieves

Have you tried the station finder at http://www.digitalradionow.com/statf.php If you know any postcodes around that area you will be able to get some idea of reception.

I have the Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54 in my car but have never driven around the M25 with it. I get solid reception of 2 of 4 muxes in the north east, and I'd say quite good reception on the other 2. It can be connected to a cd changer and also a stalk control adapter. The Blaupunkt Nashville DAB35 also has the same connections. We can supply all. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

TheSeer said:
Hello,

I'm thinking of getting a DAB unit fitted into my car - mainly to access some of the additional stations that are available. Does anyone have experience of in-car DAB? What the coverage like around the M25? Would you recommend it?

Also be grateful if anyone could recommend a DAB / CD head unit that can control a multi-changer as well.

Many thanks

Tfish

Novice Member
I have owner both the Blaupunk radios mention above and can recommend both highly.. Go for the Nashville its the newer of the two and I found it more solid than the woodstock which had slight facia issues (not pickin up it was connected sometimes).. also go for the hardwire ariel not the one that goes inside your window... reception is outstanding and clarity is great even on standard ar manf speakers. Why have only Blaupunk only produced Car DABS I couldnt live with outmine.. you get traffic updates as well if required

mxs

Novice Member
If you are not in a rush to get a DAB radio for your car, it should not be long before internet radio in-car systems will be available offering thousands of channels.

Woody26

I've had the revo add on dab tuner for a while now and the signal strength is rubbish, even with a powered ariel. When you do get enough strength, the sound is very good but its few and fair between

If you are not in a rush to get a DAB radio for your car, it should not be long before internet radio in-car systems will be available offering thousands of channels.
Which you will have to pay for to listen.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom