In car cassette adaptor

vonstahlhein

Standard Member
I have a Philips Jukebox and use a cassette adaptor to play in the car. One problem i find is that the power seems to drain remarkably quickly when using the cassette, sometimes lasting only an hour. Any one experience the same problems?

Uridium

Nope, makes no difference on my HD3. Most the cassette adaptors recommend turning the volume down on your player when using the adaptor, you tryed this.

I normally have mine set to about 50% when using cassette adaptor

B

Biskitboy

Sorry to sound blunt but there is no way the use of a cassette adaptor can significantly affect battery life, it's effectively no different than having headphones plugged in.

The headphone output level of a DAP/CD player etc. is only in the order of some 10's of milliwatts and the battery power required to produce this is pretty miniscule in relation to the amount of power consumed by the device overall.

You don't say whether your Philips player is flash or HD based. If it's flash then it is possible the volume level might have a very minor effect on life but probably not enough to even notice let alone complain about.

vonstahlhein

Standard Member
Thanks for the info - no, you are not being blunt - I didnt see how it could affect it myself, but i am no expert, so on the off chance, I thought I would ask some people who probably would be.

I set the volume at mid-range as recommended. It was interesting to see the different sound levels that came out, some needing to an extra boost others turning down.

The Philips is an HDD and has had a new battery recently refitted. The old one did the same too, I am starting to think that there is a problem with the machine as it has started to freeze as well! To be honest i have not been too impressed with it overall. The software that came with the HDD is pretty poor and takes repeated attempts to get going. I have removed and reinstalled several times but to no avail. Philips themselves have not been helpful in trying to resolve the problem. Dont even ask how much Philips asked to put a new battery in!

B

Biskitboy

If the player is freezing and dragging the battery down then I would suspect the HD may be failing.

Battery life is directly related to HD activity and if it is failing and having to make repeated attempts to read then the life will be dramatically reduced.

Top Bottom