1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Car Audio help!! - FM modulator!?!?!

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by aljanomac, Sep 5, 2005.

1. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks - looking for some assistance here (my general audio knowledge is firmly placed with home audio so therefore car audio is untreaded water with me so please be nice... :eek:)

I have a 54 plate Vectra(don't know if that makes any difference) - the head unit is built into the dash board and a pain in the back-side to remove/change - not to mention the cost! - I was looking for an MP3 multi disc changer (on eBay!) and came across the Durabrand WMS 7100 MP3 which claims it doesn't need a new head unit and plays the MP3 music using a small 'wired' remote control and converts the music to an FM signal which the in-car radio then picks up as a normal radio station (apologies if my understanding of this is incorrect) - What is everyones thoughts on this unit? (does it work?, how's the quality?, any better alternative?)

As i said, this in-car audio stuff is new territory so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys. :thumbsup:

2. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no expert but am in the process of changing my head unit so am learning a bit as I go along.

I do know about FM transmitters/modulators (same thing).

Let's just say that the reason I'm changing my head unit is because the quality of the FM transmitters I've tried just isn't good enough.

The unit you describe looks like it's an MP3 player with a built in FM transmitter.

I've yet to get a transmitter that does the job or even comes close.

Do a little more research online - it should be possible to change the head unit in your car at a reasonable cost.