1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-Camera edit feature

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Scott76, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Scott76

Scott76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New Buyer. :confused: I am looking for a Camcorder for general Leisure usage and have read that I should have In-Camera edit features though looking at camera reviews they never really specifies this, is it because it goes without saying or do the mini DV Camcorders not have this facility. I am interested in Sony mini DV models around the 500-600 Pound area.

thanks

2. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Scott,
    Most mini DV cams have limited editing features, adding titles, deleting parts of a scene etc. Some even have a selection of transitions. (how one scene leads into another). but my expirience of this site, (and just recently my own experiences) suggest that getting it onto a appropriate PC (MAc) then chopping it up gives more flexibilty.
    There will be talk of NLE (none linear editing) that means replaying scenes not in the order that you shot them, which although some cams can offer, their handling is made so much easier on a PC.
    So in summary, mini dv cams mostly do offer in camera editing that, for basic functionality is okay, if you want to do domething a little out of the ordinary a PC is better.