In-Air Projectors - projects into mid-air.

Dankeech

Prominent Member
Reaction score
George Lucas showed this working on a R2D2 unit in the original star wars movie, and that was 28 years ago. ;) :D

Foghorn

foghorn said:
George Lucas showed this working on a R2D2 unit in the original star wars movie, and that was 28 years ago. ;) :D

Foghorn

lol. that was a galaxy far far away though. Only just come out here.

The product's not a joke though. It is real. It's not that good as it realies on ionisation of air I think etc and the picture is a bit wavy, but pretty impressive nonetheless. there's video of it in action on the site and the image does wobble more than a little bit.

You have to enquire for price though. No price listed. Suspect costs a fortune.

be interested to see what 2nd generation is like.

foghorn said:

Foghorn

I'll think you'll find that InterComet were quoting a delivery within 28 working light years, the returns policy is a bugger though

The price is on the site. $18,000 for the 22 inch one, and $28,000 for the 40 inch one :eek:

Jeremy_a said:
The price is on the site. $18,000 for the 22 inch one, and $28,000 for the 40 inch one :eek:

Not insane price I thought it might be, but the video clips certainly show it's weaknesses

Think I'll stick to the 28" budget Philips than splash out on it though :)

Apparently there was a recent technology show in japan, which had a mid-air hologram of some sort. Think it was lasers on this method and was pretty small.

Looked better quality though

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom