1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In A Muddle

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by rizingdamp, Dec 14, 2004.

1. rizingdamp

rizingdamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im going to label myself a newby so as to hope that the responses if any are not to far out of my reach to act upon. Ok Im considering purchasing a Panasonic TH42PW7 plasma screen. It has no tuner and only 1 scart input on the rear. I own at present a Panasonic TUCT30 Freeview receiver, Panasonic SCHT900 DVD Home Theatre system and a Sany video recorder. My first question is is it possible to connect all the above to the plasma screen bearing in mind it only has the 1 scart input. I have been told rightly or worngly that I need an auto scart selector. If this is right route to go so as to be able to connect all theses devices I would appreciate any help in advising me on the connection route to take.

Obviously my goal is to be able to watch digital channels and produce the sound via the SCHT900.

Im going to stop now b4 I begin to confuse myself.

Thanks guys.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. rizingdamp

rizingdamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks horny dragon,

A quintro being what exactly?? Sorry but I did warn you I was a newby to all this. Firstly allow me to take this opportunity to pass on to those others guys with regard that thread you sent me that buyyourav.co.uk are seeling the pw7 with Veda wall bracket for £1718,00 and that includes the £50 delivery.

Bear with me...let me expalin what I was going to do and you can comment on what you think.

OK here goes I was going to connect the plasma via its one scart input to the master on a scart switch. then connect the SCHT dvd surround receiver, the Freeview box and the video recorder to the scart switcher all via scarts obviously. Then with regards ariel connections...

rf in.......freeview box
    rf out.... freeview box to vcr rf in

I think i have to leave it there cos cant goto plasma cos it don`t have a tuner, so no rf in.

Then audio phono leads or digital out from the freeview box to the dvd surround reciever on aux.digital input connection.

So im thinking when I want to watch freeview channels I can switch to dvd reciever, then choose aux or digital-in as the source so as to listen to it in surround sound.

Have I gone wrong?? Or will this work??

If not can you respond with a connection route I could take.

Many thanks,

Andy.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Forget RF it is ****e.........
    Quintro have a search......
    Allows multiple devices to connect to a single scart (IE your plasma)
    As for sound you have the right idea...And no way would i reconmend skimping on buying a plasma from a reseeler unable to support your needs (tell you how to connect it, supply boards and cable and sort everything out if it goes wrong) DO NOT RELY on MANUFACTURER WARRANTY ALONE

5. rizingdamp

rizingdamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reseeler???

buyyourav.com I found to be very helpful, he did explain how to connect everything even to the point of faxing me a connection diagram drawn by himself. I havent purchased the plasma as yet, and wouldnt without an extended warranty plan. Richer sounds are selling the pw6 at the moment for £1399.00

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    reseller sorry poor typing skills as long you are confident in the reatiler that is what matters (if RS have stock and dont try and sell you another model i will be impressed)