In 2 minds....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Jimmer, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Jimmer

Jimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Hi, just wondering if any one can help me, I was/am interested in the panny th32lxd70/0 until someone put me onto the th37px70 in another thread. I have since been in to view both sets and prefer the px70, both in size and quality of picture. My problem is this set will be used mainly for sky sports (50% of the time) dvd film (25%) and the remaining xbox360 (25%).
    Now as far as I can tell these listed uses will all come with the added risk of screen retention and ultimately screenburn so i'm looking for reassurance either way. Sky sports constantly have graphics in all the corners and sky sports news is even worse with the news ticker etc. As for the xbox, the normal HUD comes into play for damaging etc. So is this really a problem that could render my new purchase a brick and ruined or is it more of a case of the occasional retention that goes with the odd 1 in a 1000 people getting actual burn?

thanks in advance

2. Larok

Larok
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a panny phd9 and PS3.

When using your xbox. I would recommend that if you are not using your xbox for more than say 10mins to turn the telly off.

I'v have left motorstorm on the menu screen for 45mins. This left some slight retention which cleared with normal viewing in 15 minutes.

For Sky sports etc. I have had no problems although for extended periods on one channel I would say to change channels for a while a few times during the day.

3. Jimmer

Jimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    cheers, so for normal viewing ie. football for 2 hours, cricket on and off all day, sky sports news an hour at a time and gaming without leaving it paused or on without playing it should be fine. It's just if your careless and leave sky sports news on all day with the tickers or leaving a game on pause for hourse on end that any potential problems should occur:thumbsup:

4. Larok

Larok
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would say so. In all other respects their awesome!

Take it out of dynamic picture mode, (which is garish anyway), when you get it also.