Improving the Wii on an LCD...

YunSeongMina

Standard Member
Hello everyone, I've been setting up my Panasonic TX26LXD70 and so far have been quite impressed.

However, I was wondering whether there was any tips on our to improve the look of the Nintendo Wii through it, or on LCD's in general?

I have official component leads but so far I'm not that impressed with the picture. I know why it doesn't look great just thought there might be some advice on how to improve it?

Thank you!

brain_stew

Make sure you turn the sharpness setting right down, 25% or below ideally. Make sure you've enabled 480p output from the menu as well, no matter what you do, its going to have a lot of jaggies, 640x480 with no AA will do that.

YunSeongMina

Standard Member
I've got everything setup correctly and my Wii is outputting 480p over component.

I've messed around with the settings over the weekend and improved it a little bit. It's still not a patch on 480i over RGB scart from a CRT though. Such a shame.

I'm gonna stick with it, as it's nice to see my Wii games in widescreen and I finally get to use Pro Logic II in surround.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom