Improving the battery life.

echoUK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just had a quick look through the last five pages and couldn't see anything, so apologies if there's already a thread on this.

I got my 3GS yesterday and I'm loving it. I've spent time looking for apps, listening to music and just messing around with it. I've noticed though that my battery is being drained quite quickly.

Anybody have any tips on how to get more out of the battery before charging it up? At the moment I've lowered the brightness of the screen and when I'm not using my wireless I turn the WiFi off. I've also just disabled the 3G on it. Will disabling 3G make much difference when I'm not using the phone to browse the net or whatever? As I plan on leaving it disabled and then when I plan on going on the net I was going to enable it again, but I'm not sure if it will affect anything if I leave it disabled for a while? I'm a bit of a newbie with all this 3G stuff... as you can probably tell, lol.

But anyway, any other tips on how to get the most out of the battery?

Cheers.

When I first got mine a couple of weeks ago the the battery was terrible, lasting 12 hours before needing a recharge. After letting it completely drain and charging fully a few times and a couple of weeks later, I'm now having to charge it every other day. Nothing disabled. Great improvement.

With new phones, I'm pretty sure you have to do that anyway. Give it a shot and hopefully it should improve for you.

Ok mate, I shall give that a try as well.:smashin:

Another thing that's probably draining it is that I keep using it. I'm like a kid at Christmas playing with his new toy, lol.

Ok mate, I shall give that a try as well.:smashin:

Another thing that's probably draining it is that I keep using it. I'm like a kid at Christmas playing with his new toy, lol.

Lol I'm the same and I've had mine not long after they were released you'll always find an excuse to look at something :smashin:

Afaik the wifi radio switches itself off after 30 mins of inactivity. One feature I love over my old WinMo device. Switch it on and bang, on my network. :thumbsup:

Yeah you just need to give it a few charge cycles, but the main reason is because you arent putting the soddin thing down! :smashin:

Wait until the novelty has worn off! my 3G will last 3-4 days with my normal use :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom