1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improving Radio Reception ?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Stephen2_4_6_8, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Stephen2_4_6_8

Stephen2_4_6_8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Fiat Multipla :clap: with a JVC head Unit.

I remember reading somewhere that the arial on the multipla is not particulary good and although the radio reception is adequate I would like to improve it. Preferably without replacing the arial.

I have stumbled accross a "PC5-52 Aerial Adaptor" which is required for VW/Seat cars when the factory supplied head unit is swapped out.

Does anyone know if it would improve the reception in other cars i.e. mine or I am perhaps better to replace the arial ?

Cheers,
    Stephen

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Stephen,

the aerial adapter you refer to is made by autoleads and is used to convert from one connector type to another, it will make no difference to recpetion and will in fact be useless for your car which has a standard aerial connection already.

3. Stephen2_4_6_8

Stephen2_4_6_8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andrew,

If you look here it suggests that they amplify the signal -

http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/amplifiedaerial.asp

The connectors appear to be standard on both ends with an additional wire for power I guess.

This is of course unless I am way of the mark ! (and it would not be the first time either)

Cheers,
    Stephen

4. Zoidy

Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that is indeed an inline amplifier for ariels.. made by various companys.. cost about £10 if i remember rightly.. but in all honesty didnt make much difference.. ariel reception is an akward thing.. especially if the standard one is of the amplified type