1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improving my screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dUnKle, Aug 26, 2005.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,167
    Ok being on a tight budget I got hold of a blackout blind from Dunelm - a Little over 7ft by 7ft

The projected image from my AE100 is very good, howver I do have a couple of problems

The blind has to be attached to the ceiling and lowered into position - however when in position and displaying an image the there is a good 4 foot of plain blind on display - this is a major distraction and I feel hampers the image - is there a way of correcting this ? I dont think I can attach anthing to the blind as it has to be rolled up after viewing - could it be died ?

The blind ripples slightly and is light so it can be prone to movement - would elastic straps pulling it tight help ?

2. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,167
    Anyone ?

Have day off on Sunday and could do with making something good of it

3. Voiceedit

Voiceedit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Try a piece of black blind material cut to the right size fixed to the top of the screen using Velcro. This will mask the exposed area of screen not used thus improving your viewing experience. It is easy to put on and take off - don't try rolling up the screen with the black mask still attached!!! Put the "softer" piece of Velcro on the screen edges - I assume you have some sort of black left and right edging to the screen as well!

Good luck.

4. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,167
    No edging at all :(

Cant work out how to do it