Improve FPS in Valhalla

MartinH32

I've just fitted a 3080ti, The PC is a Ryzen 3800x with 32gb of ram, running off an SSD (M.2 2280). Perhaps I wrongly expect to be able to get 60fps at 4k on ultra. I'm actually managing around 36fps with occasional stuttering. Dropping the resolution down to 2560x1440 is only giving me a couple of extra fps and again occasional stuttering. Nvidia drivers are up to date. Any ideas please?

yeah looking at other tests thats around half what I would expect at 4K - most get 70-80fps using a 3080Ti. I would get some GPU benchmarking software (e.g 3D Mark) ) and run that to see if you get similar issues so we can tell if its that one game or something system wide.

MartinH32

yeah looking at other tests thats around half what I would expect at 4K - most get 70-80fps using a 3080Ti. I would get some GPU benchmarking software (e.g 3D Mark) ) and run that to see if you get similar issues so we can tell if its that one game or something system wide.
Thanks - nailed it - school boy error. I've removed my riser to install my new 3080ti and like an idiot stuck it in the wrong slot! I'm now getting around 55fps when putting it in the right slot (which is what TechPowerUp say I should get) although The Verge reckon it should be 70fps!!!!

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Remember Valhalla is a terribly optimised game.

Funny I did think your GPU is being crippled by the sounds of it when changing res made little difference but didnt think it was worth mentioning as a wrong PCIE slot would be something you likely have already found. - nice that its an easy one to fix.

1630683623969.png

not far from hardware unboxed testing results. so likely your getting the best it can do.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Try playing around in the nvidia control panel as well. For example, triple buffering being on has helped in a few games without degrading others. Same with low latency mode.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom