Impression 960?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MajikNWA, Jun 12, 2002.

1. MajikNWA

MajikNWA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Theres an ASK impression 960 going for what seems a reasonable price. Any one have one of these or has experience with these?

It is only 350 ansi, which worries me as a newbie. It'll be used for mobile presentation and some home theatre - what do people reckon the price should be? Don't want to go too mad....

General opinions of it would be nice!!

Majik

2. rossobonks

rossobonks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Ask 960 has a single 1024 by 768 TFT LCD and uses a 575w lamp unit. The machine is very slow on video reproduction, overall white purity is pretty poor and colours lack richness. Ive seen it on Ebay myself but I would go for a 3 LCD optical engine or DLP projector.

3. Jamesemt

Jamesemt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but is it worth £100?? - when a decent pj probably costs 10x (at least)

4. rossobonks

rossobonks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah go for it then, but you only get what you pay for in this world! If your lookin for a cheap machine I have a Liesegang DV325 XGA 1000 lumens going spare but for a bit more than £100. If you want any info contact [email protected]

5. Ian Oliver

Ian Oliver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The ASK 960 is one of the first High resolution projectors LCD(XGA) available. Extremely big and heavy and you will need all the lights off to use.

I have been in the Computerised presentation industry since it was born and I remember many a day having to lug the 960 to demo's. It was like having a coofin in the boot of my Car.

I would certainly Think twice about purchasing something that old and dated.

Sorry to be so frank, but I would not sell one to anybody I know!

Ian