Impressed with BG808 - even with rough setup

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by zanc, Oct 12, 2003.

1. zanc

zanc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have just got round to trying out my BG808 for the first time with a hi-res signal, and I'm impressed. I am currently driving it from a laptop at 1280*1024 @76Hz. Compared with my old Sony VPH1001 (interlaced PAL/NTSC only) it blows it away. I think it has even begun to show up the limitations of the home made screen (black out material, using the fabric side). I have still to understand how the "blocks" work on the Barco, and what frequencies it can take (e.g. I ran it at 1024*768 @ 70Hz, but it refused to synch at 1024*768 @ 75Hz - could have been problems with the VGA output), but a bit at a time. I have been going through a number of iterations in setting up the projector, and it seems reasonably successful. However, if anyone has any suggestions on a particular effective iteration procedures then I would be greatful.

I have still a long way to go before I can install (hide - WAF) it in the living room, but so far so good. Does anyone have experiences of running a BG808 or other CRT with the Brite View scaler, as this seems, for me, to be the best/simplist approach for integrating it in with the rest of my AV equipment, especially with the current power buy offer.

Rob :clap: