1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impressed By Rear Projection

Discussion in 'TVs' started by GagHalfrunt, Oct 1, 2003.

1. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wow

I just bought a 2nd Hand Toshiba 43PJ93B for not a lot of money really just to tide me over until I can get my CRT Projector sorted. My current TV was "borrowed".

I got it home, reconverged it etc (it is only 4:3 unfortunately) and wow! What a picture. It certainly needs a little bit more tweaking but the big question is "Why didn't I get one before?!" :smoke:

The only thing is it could do with raising a little bit, any suggestions anyone? Cheap? Have wedding things to worry about.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being second hand it could probably do with a clean- inspect the inner screen surface for crud, also the mirror and check how crudded up the lenses are.

Did you just do the user level convergence? (9 points)

Regarding the elevation issue- my local hifi shop gets strong chipboard boxes that the hifi shelves are packaged in- search for my DIY subwoofer thread.. there's a picture & dimensions in there. Maybe ask your dealer nicely?

3. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I found the Service Menu convergence that seems to do a much better job than the standard 9 Point.

What do I clean the lenses etc with? The mixture I used for my Front CRT Projector was excellent, will that do (blow dust off first, 99% isoprypl alcohol/drop of washing up liquid/distilled water)

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Glad to hear it....properly set up,an RPTV is capable of very good picture quality....sadly most are let down by the poorly coverged and adjusted sets in major high street retailers like Comet and Currys.
    I actually chose mine over several plasmas,and haven't had cause to regret it beneath several thousand pounds worth of upgrading.

5. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Forget this question! I should learn to use the Search. :suicide: