Imposition of Martial Law

so 16.5 million people at risk?

im still struggling to work out the general population metrics.

does anyone know what the population metrics are from china? (so xx population, xx% catch it and xx%die from it)

so 16.5 million people at risk?

im still struggling to work out the general population metrics.

does anyone know what the population metrics are from china? (so xx population, xx% catch it and xx%die from it)
Generalised/averaged population metrics are of little use especially when isolation is being used to control infection rates. It affects age groups and those with underlying health conditions differently. But if you are under 50 with none of the underlying heath conditions I've previously mentioned; the predicted UK mortality rate, if infected, is less than 0.15% if ICU beds are available as required. However if not available the mortality rate would likely be a bit higher.

Using metrics from China is of little use. Italy will shortly (perhaps even later today) reach the same reported number of death with less than half the reported number of cases.

Edit: Italy today now has a higher number of deaths than China (3405 vs 3245).

Last edited:
Perhaps the tanks are for the Army to use at the drive through MacDonald's; the order can just be looped over the end of the tanks gun. Just save on any possible cross contamination?

Last edited:
Didn't use the military in the 2011 riots did we, nor in the miners strikes or G20 riots etc.

The military as a resource on the UK streets (not including Northern Ireland which was a completely different kettle of fish) is good for things like large scale moving things around - I think are preparing to use then as drivers for oxygen tank delivery drivers.
Also good when the fire brigade went on strike and they wheeled out the Green Goddesses (sp?).
I've also worked with them on check points for stop and search for large scale events like the DSEI Weapons Fair.
I can't really see a time when we need to use the military to replace front line uniform police officers.
Totally different training, totally different equipment, totally different mind set etc

I can't really see a time when we need to use the military to replace front line uniform police officers.
Totally different training, totally different equipment, totally different mind set etc

Lets be sensible here (not directed at you shodan). Military will be used to assist Emergency, Local authorities etc, in various guises.

Like during London 2012, assisting searching vehicles/persons on entry etc, like Green Goddesses etc during Fire Brigade & Ambulance disputes in 80's 90's, or lay sandbags down on floods. They will not (at this point) be doing anything else. They are just additional resources, to assist the Emergency Services, so they can concentrate on urgent tasks, and the military do the (no offence) menial stuff.

You lot been watching too many films.

And when the armed forces fail it will be turn of us hard core gamers to step up to the plate. We will soon rid the world of the coronavirus infected . :rotfl:

And when the armed forces fail it will be turn of us hard core gamers to step up to the plate. We will soon rid the world of the coronavirus infected . :rotfl:
I’ve heard Milly is ready and has your back. Just say the word 👍

4B5B1BCB-D173-41C9-A820-32757925847A.jpeg

1584655313974.png

It is ridiculous the way the government is handling this. Remember this is not to reduce total cases but rather to ‘flatten the curve’ so the hospitals can keep the 90 year old alive. No similar outcome with SARS, Swine Flu, Aids or other similarly configured diseases (Ie no cure known). This time they are going to crash the western economy, impoverish maybe a billion people (without considering the suicides, divorces and other devastating consequences of that) and destroy pension savings resulting in a huge jump in social security payments.... for a generation... madness.

It is ridiculous the way the government is handling this. Remember this is not to reduce total cases but rather to ‘flatten the curve’ so the hospitals can keep the 90 year old alive. No similar outcome with SARS, Swine Flu, Aids or other similarly configured diseases (Ie no cure known). This time they are going to crash the western economy, impoverish maybe a billion people (without considering the suicides, divorces and other devastating consequences of that) and destroy pension savings resulting in a huge jump in social security payments.... for a generation... madness.
And the 80 year olds, 70 year olds, 60 year olds, 50 year olds, 40 year olds, 30 year olds, 20 year olds, 10 years olds and under 10s. You got a problem with the government keeping people alive?
I suggest you rename yourself to toxic, it's certainly more in keeping with your mindset.
Go troll somewhere else..

Are you saying you’d let the 90 year olds die?

Are you saying you’d let the 90 year olds die?
Looks like it, but wait supposing that is not enough as @doug56hl implied perhaps we should not be bothering to keep anyone alive who gets sick and requires intensive care to keep them alive, why stop there what about those that are born with severe disabilities and need much care after birth? I am sure that will cure all the countries problems.
I am surprised no one has come up with a similar idea before, oh wait.

Last edited:
troll? Life is a matter of choices. Hospitals make them all the time. Who gets the heart? Choices. And it is not the 90 year old. Doug has gone to hyperbole. What you don’t realise is that the assets of the economy are much reduced so the future is affected. Further funding is in jeopardy due to lack of assets in the community and lack of tax receipts to be taken. Save the 90 year old now but let the kid with leukaemia die later from lack of funding? Or save the 90 year old now and don’t worry about the 80 year old dying of neglect due to isolation policy.
The government should have encouraged good hygiene among the general population and isolated the aged and those with underlying conditions. The virus could then have spread through the population, as it will anyway. We would then have had the ability to develop some herd immunity. This virus is going to go through the world.

May be needed due to hordes demand , supply and demand and demand is outstripping supply . We lable and supply product to large companies around the globe. Thus,time of year would be 4 million metres outstanding of orders . It is around 45 million metres outstanding as of now . We are still in production but still have to rely on our suppliers.

There are bulldozers in Ireland. They were shipped over as they are bullet proof and not going to be stopped.

First tank I learned to drive was a Centurion so I know its history.

You may be called back into service at this rate mate . Stay off the tanks though at your age .

I think it should be termed 'physical' distancing.

We are social creatures by nature and it has been nice to see folk, while many feet apart, say hello or good morning while in passing.

People out walking along the seafront are close together in pairs or threes but likely they are related, like husband and wife, they think that the distance advice does not apply to them?

When I had walked six miles and boarded a bus for home I was told by the driver that it was essential travel only. I told him exercise was essential and besides which, all the buses are empty anyway.

But in light of the pandemic peaking and deaths expected at around 20,000 I am planning to curtail the walks now and remain indoors until the restrictions are lifted which I fear will not be until June.

1585599335644.png

1585599365767.png

Well done to them. That is a fantastic achievement and will undoubtedly save lives.

Where did all the equipment come from though? Was there a warehouse with 5000 fully equipped hospital beds just sitting in there. Not complaining as this is superb, just wondering where all that stuff came from so quickly.

Well done to them. That is a fantastic achievement and will undoubtedly save lives.

Where did all the equipment come from though? Was there a warehouse with 5000 fully equipped hospital beds just sitting in there. Not complaining as this is superb, just wondering where all that stuff came from so quickly.
They emptied 4 other existing hospitals. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom