Imposition of Martial Law

is my maths right? - 1 in 5 will get it, with around 2-3% of who gets it being fatal -
Let be accurate here: it's arithmetic.

You will need:
  1. A graph like this
  2. A demographic population profile
  3. Pen+paper or calculating machine.
Given existing measures, it's predicted to be ~0.9%. <- ignore that can't find my source.

Edit: forgot to add - best of luck!

Last edited:
is my maths right? - 1 in 5 will get it, with around 2-3% of who gets it being fatal -
Worst case scenario: If around 1 in 4 >80s get it, approx 9%+ of them will die.

The risks then drop as you go down the age range until 0-9 years olds approach 0%. However, having some underlying conditions: diabetes, coronary heart disease, COPD or reduced lung function, hypertension, compromised immune system plus a few others and the risk rises effectively moving those affected up the age bands. A 30 year old with them is then nearer age 70 to 80 in terms of mortality rate. If >70/80 with those conditions the prognosis is even worse.

That is why >70s or those with these underlying health conditions will be asked to self isolate. If you can't get infected by the virus the mortality risk from it drops down to the 0% of the younger age groups.

Last edited:
1C2A70DA-B939-41EC-AE72-634E7E42B846.png

doug - not what i asked - that is worst case - not average general population.
  • 10 million people in the UK over 70
  • >4 million with diabetes in the UK
  • 7 million with coronary heart disease
  • 12.5 million with hypertension
While some with the health conditions will be over 70 many won't. Also many diabetics will be likely to have one or more of the other conditions. So how many people does it take to be considered average general population...

And what is south east of Bristol? The tank ranges at Larkhill and the Salisbury Plain Training area https://assets.publishing.service.g...Public_infomation_Leaflet_4_page_gatefold.pdf

How would you get there from the north? Head down the M5 to Bristol and take the M4 east perhaps....
How would you get there from the south? Head up the M5 to Bristol and take the M4 east.
And how would they return to the north or south? Yep, its the M4 and the M5 again.

larkhill.jpg

What is south of Bristol? Yet another range at Lulworth Ranges.
The ranges are used for static and mobile live-firing practice by tanks and other armoured vehicles.
Lulworth Ranges - Wikipedia
How would you get there, you guessed it the M5 through Bristol.

What is west of Bristol? The Castlemartin tank firing range in Pembrokeshire, south Wales
Castlemartin is one of two armoured fighting vehicle ranges in the UK with direct live firing gunnery exercises and armoured vehicle manoueuvres.
Castlemartin Training Area - Wikipedia
How would you get to it from north or south?
M5 and the M4 (Bristol again).

As main battle tanks would be of exceedingly little use in an urban control situation I wouldn't be too concerned by this sightings. Were they ever deployed in Belfast or Londonderry etc.
More useful would be armoured personnel carriers and the like. Any panic videos seeing them on the move?

Last edited:
  • 10 million people in the UK over 70
  • >4 million with diabetes in the UK
  • 7 million with coronary heart disease
  • 12.5 million with hypertension
While some with the health conditions will be over 70 many won't. Also many diabetics will be likely to have one or more of the other conditions. So how many people does it take to be considered average general population...

are you saying that out of 65 million people - 32.5> million people are in the at-risk???

Ha ha love all the people losing it at the sight of (maybe old) pictures of tanks and troops as if they have NEVER seen them moving around the country before.
Tin foil must be nearly as popular as bog roll.

are you saying that out of 65 million people - 32.5> million people are in the at-risk???
No, as many in the groups noted have more than one condition so the numbers aren't cumulative.

Minimum would be 12.5 million with hypertension. The virus by going for the lungs makes breathing difficult and not enough oxygen in the blood. The heart then pumps more to try and shift the blood around to make up for this. That then increases blood pressure and also imposes more strain on the heart.

As not everyone in the diabetes group or the >70s group has hypertension a proportion of them would be added to the hypertension group. I haven't seen any figures saying how many but at say 50% of diabetics and 20% of >70s we'd be looking at a figure nearer 16.5 million people.

Last edited:
From that link.
Several Centurion AVRE demolition vehicles, derived from the Centurion tank and fitted with bulldozer blades, were used. They were the only heavy armoured vehicles to be deployed operationally by the British Army in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. The tanks.........were operated with their turrets traversed to the rear and main guns covered by tarpaulins.
So not actually used as tanks, more like bulldozers. So anyone have any videos of bulldozers being moved around at the moment....:eek:

Or even these from Nakatomi Plaza...;)

dh011455c06.6851.jpg i010527.jpg

Last edited:
From that link.
Several Centurion AVRE demolition vehicles, derived from the Centurion tank and fitted with bulldozer blades, were used. They were the only heavy armoured vehicles to be deployed operationally by the British Army in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.
So not really used as tanks, more like bulldozers. So anyone have any videos of bulldozers being moved around at the moment....:eek:
There are bulldozers in Ireland. They were shipped over as they are bullet proof and not going to be stopped.

First tank I learned to drive was a Centurion so I know its history.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom