1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing tracks using sonic stage

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Emmodd, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Emmodd

Emmodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm having some problems. When I try to import a CD into Sonic Stage i'm told I need to register with Gracenote and asked if I want to do it now. I click yes and...nothing. Basically, this means I have to go in and type album and track names. Any ideas?

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    My bro had this problem on his PC....turned out internet access needed to be allowed on Zone Alarm firewall.

3. the68gun

the68gun
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem and it was solved by going into the proxy server settings in ss 3.1 and ticking the "do not use proxy" box. (Tools\options\CD drive settings\Get CD info\Do not use a proxy server)

Worked for me! :clap:

4. JamieL

JamieL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've recently upgraded Sonicstage to version 3.3. However, now when I insert a cd the Gracenote registration message pops up, I click 'yes' and then nothing happens.

Searching on the net suggests this is to do with proxy settings but I don't seem to be able to amend them as sugessted in the post above... I have no options on the 'Get CD Info' tab... please see the attached image

[​IMG]

Could anybody help... i reeeeally don't want to have to be typing out track names like I used to do prior to having an internet connection.

Thanks,

jamie

5. peterjf

peterjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    When you installed SonicStage, did you get any error messages?

My version 3.1 would not install itself properly and I had the same problem - I had to find the 'Sonic Stage add-on' on the CD and install it manually.