1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing RESIDENT EVIL/WAVEBIRD

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by stewarthollyhead, Jun 13, 2002.

1. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok deeeeeeep breath.

What on earth s going on with the RESIDENT EVIL situation in the US? Now I know its only a game but I still havent received my copy.

I ordered it from CD universe a month before release and 2 weeks after release it still hadnt turned up. So I cancelled it and went with DVDBOXOFFICE and guess what they havent sent me a copy either.

Which begs the question where do i buy my wavebird from and will they not send it for 2 months either :)?

2. Ten

Ten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya

afaik there are major shortages of this game, resulting in long waiting times. also cancelling your order with cduniverse and then ordering via dvdbo has probably put you to the bottom of a long back order list.

ten

3. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Stewart, check your DVDBoxOffice order status as, somewhat surprisingly, my copy of Resident Evil shipped on Friday from them. :)

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heh what I did was to order from DVDboxoffice and lik-sang because I wanted the game. Once lik-sang came through first (shipped on 22nd, ordered on the 7th >_<) I cancelled the boxoffice order. After MANY delays and a nice customs charge I've got the game. Customs really do like to stall on things that display the lik-sang logo alright... I wonder if they'll ship their products in a standard box for once.

Anyways as for the wavebird, lik-sang haven't got any in stock but I haven't checked boxoffice. If you do order from there just pay extra for the shipping since its hardly going to cost you much.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just seen Wavebirds at Yorvik Consoles for £44.99. can't remember their address but do a search

6. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well its finally shipped :)!

From dvdboxoffice.

But I think I am going to go back to cduniverse after this. Better customer service and quicker delivery (yeah i know there is a *£ delivery charge but i think its worth it).

Now do i order the wavebird and eternal darkness ? i really don know if ED will be any good.

7. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eternal Darkness won't be out just yet.. Out on pre-order of course. Personally I don't rate the game too highly from what I know and have seen... Its been delayed for many many years (remember it was an N64 game) but you never know. My guess is that'll it'll be an enjoyable game but the multiple characters don't differentiate enough for me... Its very dependant on its "Sanity factor" gauge or something as well. Although some of the effects do work to help confuse and unsettle the gamer.

I suppose we'll find out more near its release but Nintendo are backing this title like hell, Sillicon Knights can't afford this title to be a flop.

BTW Mad Catz have released its own version of the WaveBird with rumble... Just announced so I don't know the price of it.

8. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    just got Res Evil from DVD Box Office..posted in Sweden...hasnt ordered from them before ..is that the norm ?

9. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ETERNAL DARKNESS
    JUST RECEIVED 9.6%

I have orderecd it from cduniverse.com
    with memory 251
    wavebird

10. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a wavbird on backorder with DVDBoxoffice. Anyone had theirs delivered yet? A mate has had Resident Evil delivered, and he only ordered a week or so ago.

11. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eternal Darkness seems to be getting positive reviews alright. Shame I haven't got any cash left to buy it >_< Too many good games coming out this year on the Gamecube (Star Fox Adventures, Mario, Metroid, Eternal Darkness, Monkey Ball 2...) never mind the other games on the PS2 and that.

Looks like Eternal Darkness will be lower down on the list for now... If anyone receives their copy just give us your first impressions with no spoilers please ^_^

12. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I ordered my copy of RE: Rebirth from dvdboxoffice over two months and after the longest duration I've had to wait for a game, it finally arrived on Satuaday.

I recently completed the game with Jill Valentine and have to say that it is HARDER than the original version by far and because of the new locations and puzzles added to the game, it took my between 12-15 hours to complete! (original took between 8-10 hours)

13. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mem card 251 has shipped from dvdbo.

People on EDGE have had wavebirds from them now.
    Mine is not on route yet.:(

14. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I would definately go along with it being harder, although not all the way through. Only done it with Jill so far, and what I did find is that the beginning is far, far tougher with the ammo being in short supply. I found myself doing a lot more running away than my character normally allows! However, once I came back into the mansion and the hunters started, it seemed a whole lot easier. I remember being **** scared of the hunters before and having trouble, but not now. After this point, I never really came close to dying and that was on the 'mountain climbing' difficulty level.

If that sounds like a small complaint, it isn't it is a superb game. Besides, after completion, it unlocks the hard difficulty setting, with even less ammo and health!

Regarding the timspan of the game, it is much larger than the 1st and took over 12 hours the first time through. This time can be drastically shortened though. The other day I was off work and decided to try and play through without saving. After a couple of false starts, I managed it and it took about seven and a half hours. This still involved several moments of remembering what to do next or doing things in the wrong order, so there is still plenty of time to knock off that.

Giving it a bit of a break for now, then going to play through with Chris. Gone back to Monkey Ball expert level for a while.