Importing PSP games from USA / Japan

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by MADONMACS, Mar 16, 2006.

1. MADONMACS

MADONMACS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Where is the best, quickest and maybe the cheapest place to go to buy import USA / Japanese PSP games?:lease:

I don't want to wait until the May release date for the new Syphonfilter Dark Mirror PSP game to come out in the UK.

Also somewhere where I won't have to pay VAT or Customs duty would be a big bonus:clap:

Does anyother forum member have experience of Liksang?:smashin: OR:thumbsdow

Many thanks:thumbsup:

Madonmacs

2. shay0

shay0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +489
    Usually, I'd say Play-Asia, but they had Space Invaders on the other day for £7.00 and weren't shipping to the EU for some reason. I have a suspicion its a Sony thing, as they apparently threatened them over selling PSP's to EU before they were released :thumbsdow

As for getting any under the Tax threshold, you may not get much, as the limit is only £18 inc shipping.

3. RockStrongo

RockStrongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    try videogamesplus.com - canadian site - bit of a nightmare to navigate but the service is good

4. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,904
    I have ordered Syphon Filter; Dark Mirror from www.Yesasia.com without any problems.

The only real problem is that as they are in Hong Kong, I have got to wait for their shipment of the game to arrive from the USA before they ship to me, but I am still hopeful of delivery next week.

They also say you won't have to pay customs, and if you do, they will give you a credit on your account with them:smashin:

Otherwise, you could try www.dvdboxoffice.com, I have never used them, but others have.

Ricky

5. MADONMACS

MADONMACS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Everyone I have ordered the new Syphon filter darkmirror game from Videogamesplus in Canada as recommended by RockStrongo:thumbsup: thanks

So we will wait and see how long it takes to arrive and see if I get stung at customs:thumbsdow

Cheers

Madonmacs

6. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    videogamesplus.com - is the best I have used for US games, very good customer service, sometimes delivery can be pricey. Bought my PSP from there.

Cdwow - try these because I have bought US Nintendo DS games, not 100% sure if they do Region 1 PSP but worth a try, very good prices to, no delivery charge

yesasis (Jap and USA) - placed my first order with them the other day, unable to comment at the moment but I have heard good things. No delivery charge

7. Repo

Repo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I've used Videogamesplus twice now - once for my daughters PSP before they were released in the UK and then later for a few more games. Quick delivery and no customs charges :D

8. McNab

McNab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    I've just ordered Syphon Filter from DVDboxoffice.com, I'll let you know how I get on :)

9. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,904
  10. MADONMACS

MADONMACS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone got home to find my Syphon Filter DM had arrived (I ordered the game last thursday) Monday 20th already from Videogames plus in Canada. WOW:thumbsup: :clap: What excellent speedy service plus the Jiffy bag was marked "Childs toy / game" so NO extras to pay like tax or customs very pleased:smashin: :cool: :smashin:

It runs fine on my PSP (import from canada as well) so It should run on jap/us and european ones no probs.

I have attached some quick screenshots from the box and 1st training mission

enjoy

Madonmacs

Attached Files:

11. BIGRED

BIGRED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    yeah mate, its a very cool game for the psp , i picked it up on friday from a indy game store in glasgow. hope you enjoy it :clap:

12. RockStrongo

RockStrongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    It's a good shop that one.

Only problem I've had with importing is that nowhere seems to want to take them in part-ex. One shop owner told me that Sony threatened to sue them if they found any import games on sale. Doesn't make sense to me as they're not region locked.

May have to try SF:DM, but am presently stuck on Tokobot and can't find any walkthroughs for it . . .

13. MADONMACS

MADONMACS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you love the other Syphon filter games on the ps1 and ps2 it plays very similar although due to the Psps 1 analog stick they have cracked the control options perfectly (you can of course customise them as well if you need to.:)

I also bought some replacement analog thumbsticks for the PSP as well, to get the very best out of the game i think this is an essential additional purchase (only £4 for three) very easy to fit just pops off n on.

I tried playing SF with the normal small flat stick YUKK nightmare to get diagonals!! (easy meat for the opposition)

Warnig!!:devil: SF:Dark Mirror is VERY addictive
    What was the indy shop in Glasgow charging for the SF game?

do they have a website?

bye all, going to wear out some more PSPthumbs on SF:DM

regards

MADONMACS

Attached Files:

14. steveb06

steveb06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've used videogamesplus.com loads of times for PSP and DS games. Great service. I've just received Syphon Filter today off a ebay seller. Gave me a chance to use my postage voucher from ebay!
    Looking foward to playing it tonight.

15. chtan

chtan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0