1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing Powerpoint into VideoStudio

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mark williams, Aug 24, 2002.

1. mark williams

mark williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me....

How can I convert multimedia files from Opus/Powerpoint etc. into a video file for making a VideoCD via Ulead VideoStudio6? (i.e.. playable without a PC, via a DVD player).

Many magazines convert screen activity into avi files for "How to videos", so what is the method?

Anyone know how?

2. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    A few methods can be used.

For PowerPoint, the easiest way wouldbe to export from PowerPoint to a JPEG or BMP and import into your editing software.

For screen capture, there are a number of programs around. The easiest I have is Microsoft Camcorder which came as part of Office 97 although can be downloaded for free here , which produces an AVI file.

Others are things like Lotus ScreenCam (not sure if it still exists).

Okay so the above link doesn't work but I have found a link that does work (for now).

ftp://ftp.usf.uni-kassel.de/pub/win95/microsoft/camcordr.exe

PS

I am not sure on the legality of the licence on the above download. According to Microsoft, if you have any office program from the 97 or 2000 suite, you are okay so please check first.