Importing photos from phone

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Egregious, Jul 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Egregious

Egregious
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Samsung phone and a hp pavilion laptop. I am trying to import photos I have taken on my phone to picasa 3 on my laptop. Perversely, the laptop will import photos copied from facebook but not those I have taken myself on my phone. The laptop recognises that my phone is plugged into a usb socket. Is there some phone unlocking process I must go through or is there a problem with my security software on my laptop (Kaspersky)?

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,548
    I'm not familiar with Picasa 3, but the first thing I'd try in that situation is just coping the files off your phone to a folder normally.

If that works it's likely the connection is fine and it's something do with Picasa. It may be that it can't import from an MTP device like a modern phone and you'll have to copy them to your computer first, or your phone may support connecting as an PTP device (often labelled photos or camera as opposed to files) - although I don't know if Picasa supports that either.

3. Egregious

Egregious
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your suggestion

4. DavidG1

DavidG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    1. Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
      1. If necessary, touch and hold the Status bar (area at the top of the phone screen with the time, signal strength, etc.) then drag to the bottom.
        [​IMG] The image below is merely an example.
        [​IMG]
      2. Tap the USB icon [​IMG] then select File Transfer.
        [​IMG] If you don't see the USB icon, look for 'USB for Charging' or 'Connected for Charging' or similar wording and tap that (scrolling may be required).
      3. Launch File Explorer or Windows Explorer.
      4. [​IMG] Using the computer keyboard, press Windows+E ([​IMG]+E) keys.
      5. [​IMG] Alternatively, right-click Start then click Open File Explorer or Open Windows Explorer.
      6. Using File Explorer or Windows Explorer, navigate: SM-G900V > Phone. (Or similar directory)
      7. [​IMG] If an microSD card is present, files can be transfered to that location by navigating: SM-G900V > Card.
      8. Utilise the computer to copy video or image files into the appropriate directory (e.g., DCIM\Camera).

5. Egregious

Egregious
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you - problem now solved with help from my son who is much more computer savvy than me.