1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing MP3's into iTunes Query

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by marck, Oct 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HI,

I have just purchased an iPod Nano and want to import my MP3's into iTunes.

All of my cd's have been ripped onto my pc at 320kbps, but I want to import into iTunes at only 192kbps due to space limitations on the Nano.

Could someone please tell me if this can be done and if so how!!

Many Thanks
    Marc.

2. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go into itunes and 'browse' for you existing mp3 files and hilight, go into intunes, edit and preferences, look for the import tab at the top. In the import tab you can select the type of format you want to import into i.e. mp3, select whatever bit rate you want, i.e. 192, or go into custom which gives more selection should as vbr or cbr. then select import, this will re-copy your mp3 into the new format at the new rate

3. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HI,
    That is what I tried. I went to Preferences and selected 192kbps and MP3 Encoder. I then went to Add File to Library and added a cd. However it seems as though it has added it as 320kbps?!
    Thanks
    Marc.

4. ratbert

ratbert
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Wouldn't you be ripping compressed music from an already compressed source, not sure if this would get you the same results as ripping from the original cd at 192kbs? just a thought

5. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The reason why I want to do this is that I have an iRiver 40gb MP3 player which ahs all my music on at 320kbps. However the Nano has only 2gb of memeory so I need to copy onto the player at a lower rate.
    Cheers
    Marc.

6. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when you say you added a file, have you not simply added your existing 320 mp3 into itunes. In itunes you can either have your mp3 in your itunes library or you can just use itunes to 'point' to your mp3's, Itunes gives you the option of having your files either permantly imported or standalone. You should be able to highlight and existing mp3 file and re-import it but at a different rate.

7. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Done it! Just need to right click on files and actually convert it!! It does not say that in the help files mind you.

Thanks
    Marc.