1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing Mixed CDs with Sonicstage (HD5)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GrooveyTunez, Jun 30, 2005.

1. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Not a big issue, but thought id ask u guys anyway :smashin:
    When i import a mixed CD and transfer it to my HD5, it lists the album and all the tracks on it. But also in the "Artists" menu it will list every individual artist thats on that mixed album even tho they've only actually produced one track on the album.
    Which means although ive only got like 20 albums on my player, i already have hundreds of different artists listed, as i add more mixed albums this list of artists is going to increase exponentially. At the moment its fine, but will the player cope with THOUSANDS of different artists? I suspect i will experience more "accessing" time if i go into the "artists" menu?
    So i guess the 2nd part to my question is can u transfer albums without the player cataloging every artist on the CD and just get it to catalogue the album name and track titles?

tia

GT

2. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    heres what i have done in the past -

sasha - 'involver' cd

when i search for that album i would prefer to look under 'sasha'. leaving sonicstage to rip the cd without any editing will as you say leave you with loads of artists :thumbsdow not so good

rather than just having the track name in the 'track' column, if you put the artist name & track title in the 'track' heading ( eg Grand National - Talk Amongst Yourselves for track # 1 ) & then put sasha in the 'artist' heading.

thats one way around it