1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing from Japan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by danzor, Feb 14, 2003.

1. danzor

danzor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed that quite a few people have imported a PJ from price japan and am seriously considering ordering one. One thing worries me, after the (japanese) warranty runs out is it possible to get maintenance/repairs done in the UK without grief.

2. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Good question

I'd also like to know the answer to this

3. pinkerton

pinkerton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Me too!
    Anyone?

4. spiderv6

spiderv6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see why you would have a problem.

Under warranty, loads of grief. But after that it's just a case of finding a service centre. I can't imagine they would turn away business (a 'main dealer' might be a bit funny, but there are many good engineers around). All these machines are built exactly the same way so there is no reason for a service engineer to be confused by it.

I imported a car a few years back, before it was really popular, and I never had a problem at the main dealer to get it serviced. It was when all the doom-sayers were saying that imports would be untouchable and unserviceable. What a load of crap!

At the end of the day, money talks.