1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing devices

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ABBITEA, Sep 12, 2003.

1. ABBITEA

ABBITEA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

I have a Pronto 940 and already have a ccf for my TV and DVD however I now have sky + and would like to use one of the excellent CCf on remote central.

I have downloaded the one I want and opened it but how do I copy just the sky+ device across to my CCf?

When I copy, paste is always greyed out.

Any help apreciated.

Thanks

2. muscat

muscat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Open your own ccf file in ProntoEdit. Then open the Sky ccf file in the same Window. You will have the option to merge or replace the existing ccf file that is open. Select merge to consolidate the two ccf files together. You may need to edit the Sky ccf file to remove the devices that you don't need.

3. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another option would be to open the new ccf and strip out all the un-needed stuff first, then save and close it. Then open your own CCF and do the merge thing that muscat suggested.

Not much difference except if the new ccf has alot of stuff in it, it might be easier to get rid of the excess baggage beforehand.