1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing Audio to Footage

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by scott69, Jan 20, 2003.

1. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I intend to film musical events, which i will edit using Pinnacle Studio 8. The audio quality on my GX7 is not bad, but i want to use my mini-disc recorder and then import that audio track to the final video project. How do I get the audio and video to play exactly together ?

2. simonph

simonph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    never used pinnacle 8 but i guess clapping your hand in front of the camera (the same as a clapper board) whilst in earshot of your mini disc recorder should do the trick. when it comes to editing just line the two up.

s

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    To get the sound and video in sync you will need a timecode signal.
    Some camcorders automatically record a timecode onto the cassette, but you will then need some way of syncing the minidisk. You could record timecode on one channel, but would then only have mono sound.
    Syncing is very hard to do manually. If in doubt I would suggest sticking to the sound on your cam.

Mark.

4. simonph

simonph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shouldn't be too hard as long as you give a visual and audible reference point (like clapping).. then when it comes to editing just lay the audio down with the video roughly where the reference point is and move it backwards or forwards a frame by frame.. as i said before i'm not used to pinnacle 8 so i don't know what it can do, i work mainly with Avid.

5. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,
    clapping or a signal of sorts is what i will do.
    I thought there may be a technical method of doing this and you guys would know about it.
    thanks again for the good advice.

6. derfdv

derfdv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that is what most of the old movies used . a clapper board