1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing Atrac3 problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by chris1210, Oct 29, 2005.

1. chris1210

chris1210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Right, i've went to import a load of my CD's, and wanted to test out the best quality, so set my options for 320kbs Atrac3+. Imports, yet when i transfer to my NW-HD5, it only shows as 64kbs Atrac3+???

Is it a known bug or what? Its running 1.2 FW and im using SS 3.2..

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, thats normal. Take it out on sony for dogging us HDx users. Out of the new bitrates the HD5 is only compatible with 192kbps. A firmware update will not happen and its so rude of sony to give us a dodgey player then not update its many software flaws.

For the best sound quality go with 256, its excellent and will transfer to the HD5. For overall sound quality and small file size use the new 192kbps, just test them out, if you cant hear the difference go with the lower one. Try 64kbps too, you will be surprised how good it is.

3. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That makes the HD5 compatible with the bitrates: atrac3+, 48, 64, 192, 256. And atrac3, 66, 106, 132. (I think thats right)

Atrac3+ is alot better than no +. 64 is quite good, so test it out, 132 does sound good so use that if you wanted something b/w 64 and 192.

DOnt forget that higher bitrate means less songs fit and also battery runs out quicker.

4. chris1210

chris1210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thanks for that :thumbsup:

It's a fab little thing, chose over the Ipods cos they are just to arsey, everyone has one, and the NW kicked its backside on sound quality.

What im not chuffed with is the fact Sony seem to have deserted the thing already even though ive only had mine a fortnight! Grrrr.

On the plus side, i bought some Sennheiser PX100 headphones, and boy oh boy the sound difference is amazing :smashin: