importing an XBOX.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by zcaps57, Apr 30, 2002.

1. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of importing either a US or JPN XBOX.
    (After I got my GameCube, I'm sorta hooked into games again and wanna buy most (if not all) consoles available. :D )

I've ordered my GameCube from www.lik-sang.com and some games from www.ncsx.com These are the only two ones that I've experienced so far.

But problem with ordering a XBOX from them is that lik-sang's price for US XBOX is ridiculous. It's just way too expensive.
    And it seems www.ncsx.com doesn't stock US XBOX. (They only stock JPN XBOX.)

So.....could anyone recommend a reliable online shop for US XBOX ?

p.s. I sort of began to love www.ncsx.com since they help to avoid import taxes, but.....too bad they only stock JPN XBOX even though they're located in New York, USA. What a joke! :D

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    For US XBOX:

Try Ebay - do a search for XBOX and select "items available to the UK". You should be able to pick one up for cost from private sellers in the US. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller with NO negative feedback. Also look for those that accept payment via Billpoint as you will be protected by Ebay.

For Jap XBOX:

Try http://www.yesasia.com. Go to the global area of the site and select Japanese products. Not sure if they are any cheaper than LikSang though. They were very good to deal with when I imported 13 Gamecubes last September. Managed to avoid Duty & VAT on them all!

3. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    groundy,
    as usual thanks for your advice. :)

I've never favored using Ebay, but I'll have a look.

BTW, do you think that region-mod for XBOX will be available anytime soon ??

Thanks again.

4. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from what I understand from my developer friends, the Xbox will be virtually impossible to region mod. I understand the hard drive uses 1024bit encryption and the region coding is a combination of hardware and software locking.

Which is a major bummer.

I will probably be getting a US one in due course, but only because I know a couple of people with them and CEX seem to have a decent stock of us games.

BTW Halo seems to be less jerky on US/Jap than UK...
    So much for PAL60.

Usual disclamers apply about secondhand info.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The games discs are also reported to include encrypted keys as well (built in to the file system MS designed for their discs)

6. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try this out.
    www.jda-ltd.com/misc/xbox.wmv

Basically, it looks like it's already been cracked.

7. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looks like that site has jit it's bamwidth limit. Anyone got a local copy or care to sumarise what it showed?

8. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Yep! It's true. The Xbox has been cracked :)
    http://www.drunkgamers.com/xcrack.wmv

Have a watch of this video of the guy taking a CDR from his PC and loading it into his Xbox to play Blood Wake.

There are also meant to be some mod chips about to hit the market (have only heard this via another forum, but no links to hard facts at the mo. I'll keep my eyes peeled).

9. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    The modchips are coming.

Just go to www.google.com and enter a search for Xbox+modchip

Lots and lots to read through.

10. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Just found this bit of info -

ENIGMA-X Mod is 30 wires and boots EVERYTHING inc import originals (also macrovision off) - this chip is supposedly done and ready for launch. We've no idea (sofar) who the creator(s) are/is.

Update: Enigma is supposed to be made in china (but, we all know that when someone says china it can mean about anything). But.. the chip is done. We'll post release date and price once we've got our hands on any.

11. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shame they have such a bad taste in games :devil: :p :D

Sounds good though. I wonder if they have ripped off the code from the dev kit and combined it with the normal one? Dev kit plays golds, but not any originals.

can't wait to shoot americans online...
    EDIT: DOH - I mean while playing Halo on a uk machine.