1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing a PSP

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by monkeyleader, Nov 20, 2004.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hey,

So Im toying with the idea of either importing a DS from the states or a PSP from Japan. I know the DS isnt region locked but Im not sure of the PsP - I her its probably not region locked for games but will be for movies ?

Anyone (a) know the details (b) is importing one themselves (PSP that is)

Nige

2. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    The psp has been confirmed of having no region lock for games but will almost certainly be region locked for films. One of the many confirmation links here http://psp.ign.com/articles/561/561098p1.html

As for importing well play-asia.com is your best bet and do 2 versions the value plack and the standard one. The value pack is probably the best one of the 2 as your get a memory stick, protective case, remote and headphones aswell. Also the chargers are worldwide so there will be no nead for a step down convertor. There is a good chance you will get with customs though but if you want to try and avoid customs EMS speedpost is probably your best bet.

3. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Cool - I guess getting it from Japan tho means the first few games I get would be in Japanese - until the US / Europe catchs up - any confirmed dates for release of the PSP in the US ?

4. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Well it depends what game you go for. Something like ridge racers is mostly in english with the odd bit of japanese text. But there will be the other games with heavy japanese text in them. As for the US launch it`s will be around march next year.