importing a ps vita from Japan

baginz10

was thinking of importing a ps vita from Japan. I have heard its region free but was a little concerned about charging the device. Does anyone know if any specific adapter can be purchased in order to charge it on uk mains or is the only way to charge from a USB from a laptop?

humanfish

I can honestly understand why anyone would go through whats involved importing a Vita when in 2 months they can get one which they will know will work over here.

From what i have read, i thought the stores were region locked. So unless you have a good grasp of Japanese, what exactly is the point?

baginz10

Just found out they are region free and the only difference is the power cord. I suppose some people just cant wait.

94jdh

Cancelled my import, can wait for the UK release. I did have the wireless ordered for 348.00 including 32gb card, sony case & screen protector from nippon-yassan.
Now pre-ordered uk version for 199.00 (zavvi offer not long ago) & 2 x 16gb cards at amazon for 17.99 each(hotukdeals), complete with Uncharted for around 29.00 (still available at this price).

baginz10

94jdh said:
Cancelled my import, can wait for the UK release. I did have the wireless ordered for 348.00 including 32gb card, sony case & screen protector from nippon-yassan.
Now pre-ordered uk version for 199.00 (zavvi offer not long ago) & 2 x 16gb cards at amazon for 17.99 each(hotukdeals), complete with Uncharted for around 29.00 (still available at this price).
Don't blame you. Even though they are region free I've read today that if importing one to the UK we would have to create a Japanese psn account this is because the UK servers will not be up yet. Then once the UK servers are up to switch back to your UK one will require a full system reset etc etc etc load of hassle. I've decided to be patient and get one here plus I have a £50 comet voucher.

zorg2000k

Novice Member
Mine arrives tomorrow from Japan, luck I have family in Japan so cost price. Will let you know how I get on :)

rovex

Novice Member
Decided not to import one as well, not worth it when it is coming out over here in Feb.
Me three. The absence of an operating network here till release was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Last edited:

rovex

Novice Member
Mine arrives tomorrow from Japan, luck I have family in Japan so cost price. Will let you know how I get on :)
Hope you're marvelled by the relatively early yet seemingly great Xmas present! :thumbsup:

Any feeback on general UI/hardware and of course games would be wonderful! :)

Last edited:

baginz10

great please everyone getting one imported please post and give feedback on how good this thing is! I may get a 3ds to play with until its released here.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom