1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing A Gamecube?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by stewarthollyhead, Dec 3, 2001.

1. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which websites are offering a quick and cheap worldwide service for importing a GAMECUBE?

So far I've seen

DVDBOXOFFICE.com (though as they are Cananadian and not North American, they havent got any in, and they cant guarantee what colour you get or when it will arrive). Shipping is $60

Liksang.com. But I dont really want a modified one. The USA version will do on its own as Japanese games dont appeal. I also dont know if these guys are reliable as I have never come accross them.

There are also a number of UK companies importing (found in countless games magazines) but as usual they are ripping everyone off. £400 for something that costs them £150. No way!

Looks like it might have to be dvdboxoffice :( Unless you guys know something I dont..........................

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy a modded one from Liksang.com and leave it permanently switched to USA.

Thats what I've done.

Bought a Purple one for me and a Spicy Orange for my daughters...

Import Tax was £51, shipping was 5 days UPS. Excellent service and cables, mem cards et all were all cheaper than via USA.

Mind you I buy my games dvdboxoffice (unless I'm in a rush when I use tronixweb.com)

Regards Jenz.

3. NicolaUK

NicolaUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is coming from TAU they have indigo and black stock, shipping is 10/12 days from Canada :)

4. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where is their website Nicola

5. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oops you hyperlinked it. doh!

so what games have you guys enjoyed the most so far?

and nicola good to see a girl/lady into her nintendo. my gf will play mario kart and thats about it hehehe

6. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much debate I want with TAU in the ende.
    Why?

well... in the past I have noticed that some versions of the European software has been updated since its launch in the US and Japan. So, I want to protect myself and make sure I get the best versions of games. With an unmodified console its more likely that I willbe able to get it chipped at a later date. (However chipping a jap.usa machine to UK aswell could get messy).

In the end I got a black gamecube, 2 extra controllers (so thats 3), a memory card and insured shipping. all for 479 canadian dollars which is about £208 :)

Now I;m off to dvdboxoffice to buy some games :) woo hooo

super monkey ball, rogue squedron wave race, and luigi mansion for me

-----------
    Stew

7. NicolaUK

NicolaUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean about the chipping, I'm quite happy to just buy US games - it works out cheaper than buying UK ones sadly :(

I already have Madden (bf's choice ;)), Rouge Leader/Luigi have been shipped and I have Super Monkey Ball and Pikmin on order from DVD Box Office - hopefully they'll ship this week :)

SMB and Pikmin both look like lots of fun :)

8. Duncan

Duncan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nicola- I dunno if you like Star Wars but even if you dont its pant wettingly (not literally!) stunning.

Ive just got to the Battle of Endor and its no exaggeration to say it is EXACTLY like playing the film- 80 plus starfighters, 10 Rebel Frigates, 20 Star Destroyers, 1 Super Star Destroyer, 1 Death star and you stuck in the middle in your X-Wing.

My wife was cold to this, she prefers Super Monkey Ball and Luigi- but even she was like WOW!!!

Great thing also- the level are all different needing diff skills and each level gets graphically more stunning as you progress.

2 levels to go and I get to fly the falcon!!!

"fanboy" over and out.

9. NicolaUK

NicolaUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) My bf's a big Star Wars fan, he can't wait to play it! We've got Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo (and another but I can't remember the name :rolleyes:) on N64 but I haven't really played them tbh.
    Rogue Leader does look very impressive though, I usually go more for gameplay but must say from what I've seen the graphics do look amazing :)

I'll definitely be having a go at flying the falcon though ;)