Importing 5030UBe from US

Mil

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to huge difference in price of Epson 5030UBe/TW9200W in US and EU, is it possible to buy it in US and bring it to Europe?
My biggest concern is if I can carry it as a hand luggage. Also, how does importing works? Import duty for projectors for Croatia is 0% but I believe I would have to pay the VAT of 25%. Still, it is cheaper even with paying the VAT.
Does anyone have experience with importing projectors from US? When would I have to pay the VAT and would I even have to pay? Also, are there any differences between these two models? I suppose only power supply cable is different but I still have few adapters. Also, 5030UBe does both NTSC and PAL.
I would appreciate any advice,
Mil

try looking for an Epson within EU as well? Greece had a few dealers offering - big discount compared to UK prices.. But you only get the std euro (1yr?) limited lamp warranty - the 5yr upgrade with unlimited lamps etc. are provided only by the UK concessionaire (as I understand).. Otherwise I expect the US supplied unit will work fine - but beware tax and associated fees and/or warranty hassles..

Sorry to hijack in anyway but do epson really offer a 5 year warranty including unlimited lamps for the whole 5 years?

I have purchased several projectors over the years from USA.

Each time I had them send fedex/UPS without any issues at all and saved a lot of money.
I have never had any warranty issues.

The courier can handle duty payment on delivery if applicable.

Due to huge difference in price of Epson 5030UBe/TW9200W in US and EU, is it possible to buy it in US and bring it to Europe?
My biggest concern is if I can carry it as a hand luggage. Also, how does importing works? Import duty for projectors for Croatia is 0% but I believe I would have to pay the VAT of 25%. Still, it is cheaper even with paying the VAT.
Does anyone have experience with importing projectors from US? When would I have to pay the VAT and would I even have to pay? Also, are there any differences between these two models? I suppose only power supply cable is different but I still have few adapters. Also, 5030UBe does both NTSC and PAL.
I would appreciate any advice,
Mil
The power cable is a simple kettle one I believe so no problem there as for NTSC or PAL. It doesn't matter as I wouldn't envisage any home cinema set up where you would put your aerial straight into the PJ!

If you have a trouble free PJ then I guess so. Or buy a 2nd hand UK one with some warranty left and you will probably save £500 anyway, or if you have a particular budget in mind then go for a model down and save even more but still have full warranty. The thing is with a PJ unless you have a dedicated cinema room the difference will be minimal anyway.

Sorry to hijack in anyway but do epson really offer a 5 year warranty including unlimited lamps for the whole 5 years?

only if you purchase from an authorised Epson SDS dealer Brian

so please take note of that everyone ;)

Not strictly so -- You can buy it (the enhanced warranty) directly from Epson website afterwards - if you want to add it to your EU purchase.

UK Espon auth dealer supplied includes the enhanced warranty within the RRP. You have to pay/take it anyways.

You pays yer money, you takes your choice of dealer and service.. Easy enough to do the maths :) As it should be really...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom