• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Importing 5030UBe from US

Mil

Standard Member
Due to huge difference in price of Epson 5030UBe/TW9200W in US and EU, is it possible to buy it in US and bring it to Europe?
My biggest concern is if I can carry it as a hand luggage. Also, how does importing works? Import duty for projectors for Croatia is 0% but I believe I would have to pay the VAT of 25%. Still, it is cheaper even with paying the VAT.
Does anyone have experience with importing projectors from US? When would I have to pay the VAT and would I even have to pay? Also, are there any differences between these two models? I suppose only power supply cable is different but I still have few adapters. Also, 5030UBe does both NTSC and PAL.
I would appreciate any advice,
Mil

mahjong

Novice Member
try looking for an Epson within EU as well? Greece had a few dealers offering - big discount compared to UK prices.. But you only get the std euro (1yr?) limited lamp warranty - the 5yr upgrade with unlimited lamps etc. are provided only by the UK concessionaire (as I understand).. Otherwise I expect the US supplied unit will work fine - but beware tax and associated fees and/or warranty hassles..

eastsoutheast

Sorry to hijack in anyway but do epson really offer a 5 year warranty including unlimited lamps for the whole 5 years?

RobinDB

I have purchased several projectors over the years from USA.

Each time I had them send fedex/UPS without any issues at all and saved a lot of money.
I have never had any warranty issues.

The courier can handle duty payment on delivery if applicable.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Due to huge difference in price of Epson 5030UBe/TW9200W in US and EU, is it possible to buy it in US and bring it to Europe?
My biggest concern is if I can carry it as a hand luggage. Also, how does importing works? Import duty for projectors for Croatia is 0% but I believe I would have to pay the VAT of 25%. Still, it is cheaper even with paying the VAT.
Does anyone have experience with importing projectors from US? When would I have to pay the VAT and would I even have to pay? Also, are there any differences between these two models? I suppose only power supply cable is different but I still have few adapters. Also, 5030UBe does both NTSC and PAL.
I would appreciate any advice,
Mil
The power cable is a simple kettle one I believe so no problem there as for NTSC or PAL. It doesn't matter as I wouldn't envisage any home cinema set up where you would put your aerial straight into the PJ!

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
If you have a trouble free PJ then I guess so. Or buy a 2nd hand UK one with some warranty left and you will probably save £500 anyway, or if you have a particular budget in mind then go for a model down and save even more but still have full warranty. The thing is with a PJ unless you have a dedicated cinema room the difference will be minimal anyway.

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hijack in anyway but do epson really offer a 5 year warranty including unlimited lamps for the whole 5 years?

only if you purchase from an authorised Epson SDS dealer Brian

so please take note of that everyone ;)

mahjong

Novice Member
Not strictly so -- You can buy it (the enhanced warranty) directly from Epson website afterwards - if you want to add it to your EU purchase.

UK Espon auth dealer supplied includes the enhanced warranty within the RRP. You have to pay/take it anyways.

You pays yer money, you takes your choice of dealer and service.. Easy enough to do the maths :) As it should be really...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom