Imported PS3 issues for the future

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by scooby77, Dec 26, 2006.

1. scooby77

scooby77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a few questions. I know aspects of this have been covered but looking back throught the posts i'm not sure if the specifics of what i'm asking have

I may be able to get hold of a US PS3 next month

If so my main concern is about online gaming and assumes the UK PS3 comes out in march

1. Will i be able to connect to european servers come march or will i always have to connect to US ones?

2. Will i be able to register with a UK address in march? after temporarily using a US address

3. How do you go about registering a credit card if the US address is not genuine? and will you be paying in US dollars forever for online services?

Thanks

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Regarding point #2 - can you not register European nicks already? A website went up a few weeks back.

3. J_C_X

J_C_X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    After a while if its not working out just by a European one. I don't know why you want to wait longer and pay more for games though:D

4. scooby77

scooby77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    because i like playing online and will wait if i can't get the full fuctionality in terms of online usage.

5. m1ket

m1ket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    resistance fall of man for example has used the game region (and not the ps3 hardware region) to seperate gamers.... so two owners of japanise ps3's but with US and japanise copies of the game cannot play each other.. whihc is frankly ridiculous but thats another matter alltogether:rolleyes:

6. J_C_X

J_C_X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Surely Sony will sort this out the dev's of Risitance want world wide play. If the Wii and Live do this Sony will have to sort it out.

7. JayList

JayList

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi.

Just got a PS3 (US version) . Have registered both UK and US Id's just to be safe. Haven't registered any credit cards but can download stuff no problems anyway.

I've heard that only Resistance has default country server selection. As it's not mandatory it may not be a problem. Although till it launches in March it's hard to tell. The PS3 is awesome. I'd get it now.