IMPORTANT: People stuck on 'Accessing Game Data'

pbb76

Distinguished Member
After you do the 1.01 update, a screen comes up saying "Accessing Game Data, do not turn off..." etc.

I had this and sat and watched it for a while, then tried clicking on OK and nothing happened. Kept pressing X, nothing....

So I thought it had frozen.

BUT, you need to ensure you pad is Id #1 as that is what the game recognises. So if you get that, change your pad Id to 1 (if you are anything like me, I have about 300 USB dongles hanging out the front for all the plas-truments I have!).

Hope that helps some frustrations...

UKBOY

Same thing happens when you reboot the game, even if all you have is a pad tied to "controller 1" the game will sit on the logo for minutes, before telling you it can't connect to the servers and then finally lets you in to play OFFLINE.

It had better be sorted for official launch day tomorrow, otherwise it's gonna be a shedload of bad pr Sony/PD can do without.;)

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Same thing happens when you reboot the game, even if all you have is a pad tied to "controller 1" the game will sit on the logo for minutes, before telling you it can't connect to the servers and then finally lets you in to play OFFLINE.

It had better be sorted for official launch day tomorrow, otherwise it's gonna be a shedload of bad pr Sony/PD can do without.;)
I mentioned this in another thread. When it finally gets past the GT logo, on the menu screen There was no pointer to select anything:confused: Then after a couple of minutes it came up with the message again sayin it could not connect to the server. I have just selected options and it has froze again. Then, it pops up with thhe connection message again.

It seems every choice I make it is automatically trying to connect ( and taking it's ****ing time about it).

Suffice to say I've not even had a race yet:mad:

UKBOY

I mentioned this in another thread. When it finally gets past the GT logo, on the menu screen There was no pointer to select anything:confused: Then after a couple of minutes it came up with the message again sayin it could not connect to the server. I have just selected options and it has froze again. Then, it pops up with thhe connection message again.

It seems every choice I make it is automatically trying to connect ( and taking it's ****ing time about it).

Suffice to say I've not even had a race yet:mad:
It can "hang" on there for upwards of 5 to 10 minutes.

If you use wired connection, pull out the ethernet cable, if you are using wireless, go into your settings and disable wireless then restart the game.

Mine is still on the logo screen, I am just timing it while posting as well.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
It can "hang" on there for upwards of 5 to 10 minutes.

If you use wired connection, pull out the ethernet cable, if you are using wireless, go into your settings and disable wireless then restart the game.

Mine is still on the logo screen, I am just timing it while posting as well.
Do you mean settings on the XMB mate?

Samt1

Couldn't this be because the servers haven't been put online yet as the release date isn't until tomorrow? The game is trying to connect to something that isn't there yet, and by tomorrow it should be all up and running?
I'm no expert and have no real clue what I'm talking about but just a suggestion.

UKBOY

Couldn't this be because the servers haven't been put online yet as the release date isn't until tomorrow? The game is trying to connect to something that isn't there yet, and by tomorrow it should be all up and running?
I'm no expert and have no real clue what I'm talking about but just a suggestion.
In a sense yes, but they were up earlier because I saw and could join if I wanted, about 35 French lobbies (no chance :laugh:) 3 Spanish ones and one poor UK sod, sat in a lobby on his own, for the Top Gear Test Track, which bores the bejesus out of me, so I didn't bother.

Irrespective of whether the servers are up now, tomorrow or any day in the future, if they are OFFLINE for ANY period of time, no way on earth should a game sit at a title screen, looking like it has hung, for 4 and a half minutes (I just timed it) before saying "a connection to the server could not be established" before then fianlly letting you into the game, to play OFFLINE.

Last edited:

C225

Distinguished Member
You are probably right, as i did read somewhere teh servers weren't being switched on til midnight.

When it hung for the 2nd time i turned it off and am making lunch, cant be bothered with all teh hassel of turning wireless off so will just wait until i hear the all clear from here :)

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Not turned wireless off yet, managed to get into arcade fine. About to start a time trial in the Mercedes SLS...........HERE GOES!!

bonobaby

cheers for the info boys have been playing since 8 this morning then took the dog out for a walk and come back cant even play it , so took advise and switched wireless off and at least i can play offline now cheers.
hope it its up again tonight when i get back from work.

drskhaled

Novice Member
cheers for the heads up. i'm sure this'll be sorted by tomorrow tho.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Can you still earn trophies whilst not signed in. Got the Speed Demon one in arcade, but hadn't turned wireless off at this point.

Craigy

Distinguished Member
Quite frustrating this, cannot get to the back of the console without moving all my AV stuff around so pulling the plug on the ethernet cable I cannot really do, but sick of waiting menu after menu for the connection to timeout.

goldwater666

Novice Member
Quite frustrating this, cannot get to the back of the console without moving all my AV stuff around so pulling the plug on the ethernet cable I cannot really do, but sick of waiting menu after menu for the connection to timeout.
can it be disabled from the XMB:confused:

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
Now I can't do anything on the bit where the driver shakes eveyones hand, and it loops over and over, I not even seen the game yet lol.

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
I was stuck there until I managed to reach my Ethernet cable :D

Game fire into action within milliseconds then :D

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Now I can't do anything on the bit where the driver shakes eveyones hand, and it loops over and over, I not even seen the game yet lol.
Hang in there mate, it comes up eventually. Choose wisely after though, because there will be another wait before you access the game mode you have chosen.

t1m103

Novice Member
well its installed alot of data,now its been stuck on the Gran Turismo 5 splash screen for 40 minutes....

davebutton

sign out of the psn network then sign back in when you get to gt life screen

UKBOY

How about pulling the ethernet out of the router end then if you cant get to the back of the PS3 ?.

Might sound too obvious, so it's not meant to be a pisstake.:laugh:

goldwater666

Novice Member
just to clarify, as my copy is sitting on my desk with me at work.

the game installs the 6gb (or whatever) to the HDD, then d/l's the patch?

when is the best time to disconnect the ethernet:confused:

Fen Star

Can you still earn trophies whilst not signed in. Got the Speed Demon one in arcade, but hadn't turned wireless off at this point.
I've been earning trophies and i haven't been signed in mate...

I think mine downloaded the patch first then the install message popped up GW

Last edited:

UKBOY

Install everything (including the patch if you have time).

If the game hangs on the logo screen for any more than 10 seconds, just pull the ethernet cable out (either ps3 or router end).

You will find plenty of threads to tell you when the servers are back up and you can then reconnect the cable.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett