Important: News on changes to Reviews and our new review team.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Phil Hinton, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,335
    I just wanted to update all the forum members on the changes happening with our DVD Reviews section.
    When we started out with just myself and then Matt Brown almost 2 and a half years ago, I never imagined that the reviews area would take off in the way it has. In that time we have seen reviewers come and go and have managed to cover over 600 titles in some 30 months with just a team of no more than 4 reviewers at any one time. I want to thank those original members and those who no longer have the time to help out, they are;

Been and Gone
    Richard Hardbattle
    Edward Marshall
    Liam McLaughlin
    Thanks Guys!

Original Members and still reviewing
    Matt Brown
    Russell Rafferty
    Andrew Smith
    Mark Haywood
    Again thanks for your hard work!

It is here that I have to hang up my reviewing hat, with over 200 reviews myself it was just getting a little too much to run the news areas of the sites, organise review discs and then find the time for a full time job and reviewing discs. I will now be concentrating on the News areas as well as organising the review discs and reviewers.

And it gives me great pleasure to introduce, formally, our new reviewing team, many of whom have been reviewing DVD's for some time with the now sadly defunct DVD Debate website, and others who have answered the call to our recent adverts and proven they had what it takes. so please welcome,

Seth Geko
    Norman MacLeod
    Chris McEneany
    Cas Harlow
    Craig Snell
    Simon Crust
    Danny Gladman
    Darren Wood

With a team of 12 reviewers, the help of long time sponsor Disc Emporium and hopefully the continued support of the UK DVD Industry we will be posting reviews to the review area on an almost daily basis, covering all the big releases as well as the smaller niche titles.

It has been with the support of forums members that the reviews area has been a success, without you guys and gals reading our thoughts on the days biggest DVD releases it would never have been a success. Thank you all for your continued support.

Before I go, we have a few new features on the site to help those who love DVD, first is the new home page for the forums at www.avforums.com/dvd Here you will find the latest news, links to reviews and in the not to distant future our competition pages. And you can now comment on the news features by typing a reply as normal after the main story post. And finally you can also comment on all our reviews in the review area of the forum, just post a reply after the review.

Again thank you to the forum members for your support, Our Sponsor's old and new, and the reviewers for giving their time for free. We hope to bring you the best online reviews service possible in the coming months and years,
    Thank you!

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,152
    Phil - Sad to hear you won’t be doing any more reviews. However, I’m glad to hear that the reviews will be continuing through the new guys. I’ve been persuaded to part with my cash many times from these reviews, meaning that I haven’t missed out on some wonderful films, I hope that will continue going forward!

3. Simon Crust

Simon Crust
    Movie Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,664
    Thanks Phil,

Its a pleasure to be here :)

Simon

4. misterkraig

misterkraig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that, Phil and thanks

5. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,403
    Maybe I should pull my finger out and get a few more reviews done than posting on the forums;)

6. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,335
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :lease:

7. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Looking forward to a long and rewarding relationship as both a reviewer and avid forum member.
    Here's to you Phil !

8. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,403
    Oi :D

9. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,134
    Just like to say a big thankyou to Phil for the great reviews, some of which have helped my purchase decisions :) and I look forward to future reviews form the new chaps :thumbsup: