Important information regarding Loyalty discount

Chilly Willy

Established Member
Reaction score
Attention all members that have Loyalty Discount with Virgin Media and under 12 month contract​

After receiving an e-mail advising me that my online bill could be view, I was suprised to find that not only had there been an increase of £1.00 for the TV XL package as expected but my Loyalty Discount has been reduced.

Instead of a Loyalty Discount of £25.45 which had been agreed in Janurary 2009, has been reduced to £23.70 a reduction of £2.75.

I phoned CS and they informed me that the reduction was due to annual price increases. Even through I explained that the only price increase that I could see to my package was the TV, I still wanted to know how and why my Loyalty Discount could be affected.

Getting nowhere with CS I asked to be put through to someone about disconnecting my service. After a debate about who has or has not broken the terms of the contract my phone died.

:lease: Your throughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Will

IMHO I agree with this reduction in what I considered to be excessive discounts.

If Virgin Media are reducing these discounts with the net result that all are paying the same for the same levels of services then I am all for it.

Virgin Media are a business after all.

If you are personally unhappy with your current pricing then look at the current price for your level of services and you will see that you are still better off. If you are still unhappy then look elsewhere and see if you can get the same for a better price elsewhere.

IMHO I agree with this reduction in what I considered to be excessive discounts.

If Virgin Media are reducing these discounts with the net result that all are paying the same for the same levels of services then I am all for it.

Virgin Media are a business after all.

If you are personally unhappy with your current pricing then look at the current price for your level of services and you will see that you are still better off. If you are still unhappy then look elsewhere and see if you can get the same for a better price elsewhere.

I think you'll find that although Virgin term the discounts as being a reward for loyalty, they actually do little more than make your bill equal that of a new customer.

Much of the addional discounting is nothing more than deflating your bill to what it ought to be without any form of loyalty scheme or discount!

By the way, my bill this month is exactly the same as it was last month.

Last edited:
This happened to me ages ago. I posted about it, and nobody replied. Guess they're slowly doing it to everyone.

Just got my bill today I my loyalty discount has been reduced from £25.45 to £22.70.

David

The only increase on my bill is a £1 increase for the XL TV package. No reductions in my loyalty bonuses are apparent.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom