Important BD v HD DVD question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pecker, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,612
    I'm asking this question without any slant at all. Most people here know that I'm dual format, but that I prefer HD DVD because the players are cheaper, it's finished, and region-free.

So here's the question.

Why haven't WB (a dual-format company) released 'Casablanca' on Blu-Ray Disc?

As far as I can remember from my copy, it has no features which wouldn't work on current BD players. No PinP. No web-access.

I appreciate that the current BD-base of PS3 owners may not be the automatic target-audience for the film, but you're only going to attract other people to the format with the right software.

A list of 'the greatest films of all time', apart from some obscure foreign language titles, amounts in most people's books to 'Citizen Kane', 'Casablanca', 'Gone With the Wind', and 'Wizard of Oz'.

Only 'Casablanca' is out in high def, but why only HD DVD?

Steve W

2. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    how many copies did it sell on HDDVD, did it break 4k? i think if it sold in bigger numbers i would get a release on BD, dont forget your average bd user owns a ps3...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.