1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMPORTANT, BAD!!! Samsung Aftercare!!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Halo, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Halo

Halo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To all those who own a Samsung LCD, aftercare (Warranty) is Crap! My LCD had problems 1 week before warranty ran out, fair enough, that was in February! It is now July and from massive arguments with Samsung and the repair company, who I shant name at the moment, I have spent a fortune in phone calls and despair and have been trying to get it fixed! I and my tv are in full waranty. The problem is, no one wants to claim liability to my tv, it is in warranty but the repair company think it aint!! A*** H****. They took my tv away on the 4/6/05 and still have it now on the 16/07/05 and not one thing has been done about my repair! They wont repair it until Samsung say so!!! WHAT!!! I think they are using it as a tea stand! Does anyone else have this kind of anguish with Samsung bearing in mind my complaint was maid in January-Febuary!!! I dont know where I stand and dont know what to do! Samsung say they are waiting for a servive history of repairs from the repair S***, they may give me a new tv, I wish! The repair company, f***it, are called VisualFX and are based in essex! Anyone out there, please voive there opinions I will gladly help as I am an expert in Samsung after c***!@!!!@!!@!!

2. igauk

igauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sounds like the 'customer care' crap you read about in the papers. One company blaming another and vice versa without caring for the poor sod in the middle. Time to get even instead of angry. File a complaint with your local trading standards first of all and see if that kicks their butt, if that fails, start writing to the consumer editors in the papers.

3. Halo

Halo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou so much for a reply. I have lost total faith in consumer rights, they really dont seem to give a s***! I have had a bad LCD for 6 months now and have lost it for 6-7 weeks for repair without one decent response from the repair lot or Samsung! Visual FX have told me they are now putting it in for the spair part! WHAT! They they have had it for 6-7 weeks! That means getting the part, if its in stock!!!!!! Fitting it and then beta testing it for a while. In that time I have had no TV, imagine, no big brother, no eastenders, no contender final, no news on the vicious bombings in fact no news at all as I HAVE NO TV!!!! SAMSUNG and VISUAL FX are rubbish, please tread carefully, anymore responses or help will be gratelfully appreciated...

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Once when I sent a Sega Dreamcast back for repair, Currys sent it out to "MasterCare". We learned 2 weeks later that it hadn't been sent off yet and had been sitting in a box under a secretary's desk.

5. medicalgiant

medicalgiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

I had to phone Samsung UK earlier this week in order to locate stock of an item I was interested in. The lady I spoke to explained that generally samsung products carry a 2 year guarantee which can be purchased at the time of supply but vendors don't usually purchase this "extended cover" and as such rely upon (read: Push) their own warranty schemes instead ie Mastercare (spit!) :( She also explained that if something is returned to a repairers they usually want to repair and claim against Samsung instead of contacting Samsung directly and letting them sort it out. Which maybe where the problem lies!?

She also explained that in the first 12 months, it is the vendors responsibility and after that, Samsung take over.

I don't know how valid any of this is, as it sounds like she has the Sales Of Goods Act muddled up with their warranty.

To the OP. You need to move to written communication from this point on. You need evidence and a paper trail of what you have done to solve the problem and letters are ideal for this.

Write a letter to Samsung Customer Complaints\Head Office or whatever. If you paid on credit card, get them involved. If you paid using finance get them involved. Report the problem to Trading Standards as advised. Take or send any evidence that you have tried to sort the problem out with whatever parties with you. They like evidence do trading standards, infact they prefer you to do it all yourself then claim credit for it afterwards :) But one more professional body on your side is better than none.

Explain in your letters when you purchased the tv, when it was sent for repair, where the tv is presently. What you would like doing about it? Would you like a refund\replacement, or are you content to accept a repair. Put at the end of the letter you are allowing 14 days for a reply. Keep it polite!

If you get the credit card or finance company involved, inform them of what you have done to remedy the situation. They may need whatever you have as evidence to act on your behalf. They will probably send you a decleration to sign ie: "My ____ is up the swanny and needs replacing\repairing\refunding" :)

But remember, there is no need to have "massive arguments with Samsung and the repair company" over this. Put yourself in the place of the person you are speaking to. How would you respond if you get someone on the end of the phone shouting\swearing at you? Would it make you deffensive and less likely to help the person or would you bend over backwards to sort the situation out? Remember: You attract more flies with honey than vinegar ;)

Think calm, just explain you are frustrated at getting nowhere and am being deprived of your tv and ask them is there any way around or anyone you can speak to that could help you escalate the situation ie supervisor\team leader etc.

If all else fails: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk though you will have more luck with the credit card\finance company if you chose those payment methods.

Good luck!