Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

importance of RGB in?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dvdope, Jul 14, 2005.

1. dvdope

dvdope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the importance of having rgb in on a dvd recorder? Read somewhere that a lot of jvc recorders don’t have this so are given a wide berth by many. I don't have sky but do have a freeview box so would want to get a very good to excellent picture if poss from any recorder i purchase. I am still fluctuating about which to purchase as my limited knowledge and multiple choices sway me one way to another - on a weekly basis :confused: As my main intention for getting one was to transfer recorded clips from tv on vhs videos to dvd then possibly upload some to a website i have now read that dual dvd/vhs recorders can improve the picture source from the original tape - which would be great if it did. The combi vhs/dvd Panasonic and jvc decks seem to get very good marks for this particular aspect but are let down in other areas - a few of the jvc's not allowing for chapters among other things. Your thoughts as always much appreciated :)

2. Dolbyz

Dolbyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no expert either - in fact I've been looking for a DVD recorder for weeks now, and I change constantly on which model I want! I find that one model will have thing I need, but lack others. I move to a 2nd model which has those, but lacks something else ... I can't get the right one!

Anyway - I need RGB SCART in/out for two reasons :

1) The quality is much better than composite and (in my case) S-VHS, and since my satellite outputs this signal, I want to be able to record it and play it back! If I hook it up via composite, my recordered image will appear poor in comparison to watching live TV - and this will irritate me.

2) My DVD player outputs RGB as well - and the TV has only 1 x RGB SCART. Due to this, I need to be able to loop both units through the recorder for watching. It's going to be DVD > satellite > recorder > TV ... all through RGB