1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

import your own tv

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by FATWALLET, Mar 7, 2003.

1. FATWALLET

FATWALLET

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has or does anybody know if it is cheaper to go and get a telly from somewhere like germany or am i wasting time it needs to be worth my while thanks for any helpb

2. adewatson

adewatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If as your name suggests you have a FAT WALLET then stop being so tight fisted and go and buy one in the UK.

3. FATWALLET

FATWALLET

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one day if you learn how to save money by bieng tight fisted you could have a fat wallet to. Those who have will have more !!!!!!!!

4. adewatson

adewatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. Check out this link.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/65393333/65393553thUcYB

Taken at my Penthouse in Cardiff Bay, and yes the LG is being returned for a Toshiba.

It aint about having the fat wallet it's what you do with it. Nuff said!

Ps Thanks for the savings advice!

5. Ally

Ally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny how having a name in CAPITALS automatically gives you a negative impression about the poster!

Ade
    Are you really swapping the LG?

6. mikeblanche

mikeblanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why are you returning the LG for a Tosh?

Didn't you return your Samsung for the LG?

Are you planning on slowly trading up to a 60" Pioneer?!

mike

7. adewatson

adewatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good call Mike & Ally.

The reason for swapping the LG is due to the low light flicker problems which being somewhat of a prefectionist I can't live with. Richer Sounds have agreed to the exchange on the grounds that their suppliers are fully aware of the problem and as yet there is no known cure. Add to this the fact that RS also sold me a multi region Tosh SD220 which has now turned out to be Region 2 only I am in a pretty strong position with them. My intention is to exchange the LG for the Tosh and The Tosh DVD for the Limit (with prog scan).

The other issue with the LG is that I can only use composite from my NTL cable as according to a number of posts the legendary JSim RGB to component converter doesn't work with this panel.

The above issues are so minor that most people would never notice but as I say I am a perfectionist and having SAVED so hard to be able to buy Plasma and associated products I want the best I can get.

Kinds regards

Adrian

PS yes Mike I'd love to get to 60" one day!!!!!

8. mikeblanche

mikeblanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The JS RGB to YUV converter should work with the LG (I was planning on using it on my MZ42PZ17 which isn't here yet). It's the RGB to VGA converter that won't work, because the LG won't work with it's 15.2khz scan rate, it needs 31khz.

I have the Limit prog scan DVD player and it seems good so far, although haven't tried component out yet. (waiting for the plasma again). The tray is a bit flimsy but that's about it.

mike

9. adewatson

adewatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mike.

I also was under the impression that the only coverter problem was with the VGA version however I have read on the forums that people have been experiencing problems with the Y U V converter as well (unless my eyesight's playing up again!!). It may be worth a double check on the forums before shelling out £145.

Adrian

10. mikeblanche

mikeblanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't been able to find any threads mentioning the failure of the JS Tech RGB2YUV box to work with an LG MZ42PZ* plasma.

The JS Tech web site states the VGA box won't work but to use the YUV box should be considered.

Can you identify the threads where people have had problems with the above equipment?

Mike

11. adewatson

adewatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NellyT

DEE ESS
    i have the LG17 and have the dvd connected via s video

The sky box is conected by composite to the plasma. Not a good picture at all.

ive tried the rgb to component converter and it doesn't seem to work with LG. ive spoken to Baron mcann technicians and they have the same problem but speaking to the technical guy who sold me the box, he said he sees no reason why it should not.

i'm still in search of a converter.

ive tried to speak to the people at lg but no one will talk

Nelly t

ps its all to do with lg needing 15.7KHz and sky rgb and all other plasmas using 15.2KHz

Mike don't know how to point you directly to the thread but hopefully the above confirms my concerns

Adrian

12. mikeblanche

mikeblanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya,

I've found the thread - thanks.

I'll ask Nelly if the problem is a fault with her LG or if it will never work with any LG plasma. (in which case I'm going to be straight down to RS to cancel my order)

mike