1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import US Games suppliers?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by James45, Jan 30, 2003.

1. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If Freeloader is definitely coming out on Wednesday where's the best place to get imported US games from with price, service, prompt delivery and likelihood of customs interference taken into account.

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Goblindirect.com do import games with no chance of customs interfering as they are already in the UK.

You can look at Amazon, DVDboxoffice, Tronix. However, you will take the chance of customs and maybe delivery delays.

3. Saurian

Saurian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For US games I suggest Goblin or a trader on the Edge forum - username pMelon.

He's offering the Zelda + bonus disk pack for £38.99, I get all my US stuff off him - he's v reliable.

For Japanese stuff contact 'Tokuda' on the Edge or NTSC-UK trading forum - he offers games v cheap and the postage only takes 3-4 days.

www.videogameimports.com are also very good.

4. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    excellent guys thanks, looks like I won't have to wait much longer for Resi Evil 0 or SMB 2!

5. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've used both Tokuda and Pmelon and they are excellent guys especially for weird things that web retailers don't do, like Gamecube progressive leads etc. I get most of my games from DVDBoxoffice, although some people have had issues with this supplier and you do need to pro-actively manage them, the prices you can pick stuff up for [inc dvds] its better than anyone else. You can also now use a courier that you can track.

Neil.

6. Saurian

Saurian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make Metroid Prime your no.1 priority (trust me, it's more addictive than crack!)

7. Saurian

Saurian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PS Neil

I did one of those Gamecube VGA progressive setups last night - It's v nice but the Gamma level is a bit low.

8. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry forgot that one... fancy a rally game as well any suggestions? Play have a championship rally coming out soon for £24!!

9. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Don't think there is a good rally game for the cube. Need for Speed 2 is excellent though, and Animal Crossing its worth a look.

Neil.

10. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and with a surname like that you should know!:D

11. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How long do Goblin usually take to ship. I order Metroid Prime on Friday and so far the order is still 'In Progress' that's five days!

12. peo

peo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't pay any attention to Goblin's order statuses - I've placed about 20 orders with them in the past, and every one still says 'In Progress'. I have spoken to them about this, and have been told numerous times that proper order tracking will be online soon - well, I'll believe it when I see it.

But, despite some people having problems with them, they've always been very good to me, never had a problem with an order. Sounds to me like your item probably isn't in stock - send them an email to check, they will get back to you (eventually)! :rolleyes:

13. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's in stock according to their website but if that's anything like their order status i won't place complete faith in it.:D
    To be honest I don't see why any mainland UK supplier can't process and dispatch an order on the same day it was ordered. What's taking them five days?
    Mind you I've just sent my freeloader back to Datel for a free upgrade so there's no rush at the moment.

EDIT: Ok I take it back, just got an email from them saying it was shipped yesterday with the recorded delivery number. Dammit Datel hurry up already!!:D :devil:

14. gunnie4

gunnie4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I use e bay for US imports for the cube. Try searching by user name. the dealer user name is FIOCCO I've bought 20+ games from him no problems up to press. He ships from Canada to UK in 7 days or less and offers pre sell orders on all titles.

let me know how you get on

gunnie4

15. gunnie4

gunnie4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I use e bay for US imports for the cube. Try searching by user name. the dealer user name is FIOCCO I've bought 20+ games from him no problems up to press. He ships from Canada to UK in 7 days or less and offers pre sell orders on all titles.

let me know how you get on

gunnie4