1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import of PSP -> Lik-Sang.com taken to court by Sony

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by benzol, Aug 8, 2005.

1. benzol

benzol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi Guys,

it seems to be another time we get hit by strange philosophy from
    Sony ... and they take it again out on Lik-Sang. Seems to be
    the only Asian mail-order/internet shop they know :rotfl:

[ ... Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc commenced legal actions against Lik-Sang.com in the High Court of Hong Kong for selling PSP consoles ...]

Source

Best thing is that Sony is really late with this action - I believe most people have imported theirs already.

So hurry to get you PSP then :D

2. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Hong Kong allows this type of selling anyways, so they're screwed. While I can understand not letting them host the PSP manual, they're stopping them from even having a link where to get it (ie for free on the Sony website). Lunacy.

3. GeorgeShadow

GeorgeShadow
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fiddlesticks !! totally completely rediculous~~! the Europe is so crazily stupid, totally nonsense~ they are outdated, and they go sue the ones who are updated~ this world is screwed with all these crazy selfish stupid people :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    I wish Sony good luck. They'll need it to even get past the 1st court hearing.

3 weeks from the launch of the PSP in UK - sour grapes/petulance on Sony's part. Here's my metaphor: Its a case of a spoilt child stamping their feet in a toy shop, until the parents give them what they want

Lik Sang seem to have it right. Harming "Sony's economic interests". Yeah right. More PSPs sold = more PSP software sold = more money for Sony. Not as simple as that, but thats the general idea