Import Gamecube & projection TV - help !!

DanT

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, bit thick, i bought from Lik Sang, have plugged the three seperate leads (red, white, yellow) into the fron tof my Tosh 42" projection tv and the graphics are a little blurry is there a better connection i should be using ??

thank you !!!
DanT

does your tosh tv have component inputs - 3 phono's. if so you can get a cable for that which will improve things no end. If not get an S-Video lead.

As Big Jim says, use Component inputs if your Tosh has them. A lot of Toshiba CRT and RP TV's do so check and see. They will be on the rear of the set and coloured Red, Green, Blue. This is the absolute best picture you can get from the Gamecube. Otherwise use S-Video, as at the moment you are using Composite which is the worst signal available.

i have yellow, white, red leads rather than red, green and blue. Do i have to do anything to chagnge the sharper pic to colour ???

help greatly appreciated,got a big games evening tomorrow !!
cheers
Cheers
Daniel

Not quite sure what you are trying to say. Are you confirming you have Component Inputs on the rear of the Tosh. i.e., 3 phono sockets coloured Red/Green/Blue?

If so, then you cannot plug your existing Composite Video + Audio L/R into them (Yellow/Red/White lead) - they are completely incompatible formats. You need to purchase the proper Gamecube Component Video cable which plugs into the Gamecube's Digital Video out - not the multi out as used for Composite or S-Video.The Component Video only carries picture - no sound so you still need to make use of the Audio L/R (red/white) phonos connected to the TV and the Gamcube's muti-out.

You probably won't find a Component lead in the UK so try Lik-Sang again. I think they have them. I had my brother pick me one up in America when he was there a few months back.

thank you again, i have component socket and digital. Liksang do a digital lead and component offical nintendo leads for the same price, which should i go for ?

You need to go for Component. The digital lead is a different standard again and needs a serial type socket - common in Japan but definately not compatible with RPTV's in the UK as far as I know. The Component Video signal will be amazing on your RPTV.

Originally posted by groundy
Not quite sure what you are trying to say. Are you confirming you have Component Inputs on the rear of the Tosh. i.e., 3 phono sockets coloured Red/Green/Blue?

If so, then you cannot plug your existing Composite Video + Audio L/R into them (Yellow/Red/White lead) - they are completely incompatible formats. You need to purchase the proper Gamecube Component Video cable which plugs into the Gamecube's Digital Video out - not the multi out as used for Composite or S-Video.The Component Video only carries picture - no sound so you still need to make use of the Audio L/R (red/white) phonos connected to the TV and the Gamcube's muti-out.

groundy, I was looking for a component video splitter because I wanted to connect my DVD player AND Xbox into my TV via component video but because my Tosh 42 WH18B only has one component input, it impossible.

However, an owner of a Tosh 50WH18B on the av forums has found a solution to the problem - he connected all his component video inputs in an av splitter switch (composite inputs) and says that there is no loss in picture quality.

How is this possible when component video input carries 3 video signals whereas composite only carries 1 video signal & 2 audio?

tk2001: If the switcher is passive then all the connections are straight through, which means it can switch any signal on a phono connection.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom