Import Duty / Taxes etc.

Sorcery

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently been quoted the following to import an Infocus X1 from pcconnection.com. What is the total cost likely to be to me in the UK?

"The cost of the Infocus X1 (our item 414970) is $999.00. The freight to ship this to your address in the UK will be an additional 79.66, making a total cost of $1078.66. We do not know how much will be charged for customs duties and/or taxes, or if there will be broker's fees involved. Tax and duty charges must be paid by the purchaser upon receipt of their package."

As far as I can tell tax is VAT at 17.5%. Duty quotes seems to vary depending on where I look :)

I have seen duty quoted as 4.5%, 10% even 50% which of these is correct? Also I remember someone mentioning that duty isn't paid on PC goods is this true?

:confused:

What is the final price I could expect?

Incidentally does anyone know of any other decent exporters of projectors in the USA or otherwise?

:)

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick

You may want to look into an 'Educator' UK version - same as basic X1 but has a second bulb for not much more than a basic X1. You can get a US unit cheaper, but I'm not sure where you stand with the Warranty. Oh, and the latest Firmware (version 4.1) now extends the lamp life counter to 4000hrs (my 3 month old unit is on version 3.6!). Got mine from www.iiid.co.uk.

Paul W

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom