• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Import Direct From HDC-TM300 to Studio 14?

R

RunnerDuck

Now that I believe the color question has been answered I'll try for another. I edit using Pinnacle Studio 14 but I cannot seem to import directly from my TM300 directly into Studio. I have to run HD Writer, download the video, save it and then I can load it as a MPEG2 into Studio. There's got to be an easier way right?

carol_s

Although Studio 14 doesn't recognise my camcorder (Panasonic HDC-SD200), if I look under 'Other Devices', I can certainly see my video files (although it doesn't show the correct thumbnails).

Attachments

• studio_14_capture.png
    studio_14_capture.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 161

senu

Distinguished Member
Thanks Carol.
However , ignoring HD writer for a minute , isnt it easy to just get the files off the stream folder and keep them onto your HDD as a folder( drag and drop), importing them into Pinnacle Studio from there?

Ive never been a great fan of proprietary importing systems if the camcorder can be seen as a USB mass storage device ususally as " other devics " or "Devices with removable storage" depending on which OS you use

R

RunnerDuck

For some reason Studio 14 does not recognize the files on the SD card or the cameras memory. I can see them as drives but no data that is compatible with Studio 14.

carol_s

To be honest, I (personally) find it easier to download them from the SD card to my hard drive and simply access them from there. The SD card readers are just so cheap (I think I paid around 99p for mine) I just bought several of them.

PS. Have you looked in the folder where you downloaded them from your card via HD Writer - I get a folder with a pile of files, the main ones of any real note are the .m2ts files and it is these files which are recognised by Studio 14.

Last edited:

senu

Distinguished Member
For some reason Studio 14 does not recognize the files on the SD card or the cameras memory. I can see them as drives but no data that is compatible with Studio 14.

Im not sure of what you do but as Carol says, Try not to acces the card via Pinnacle studio directly. just use a card reader first , get files onto your HDD and then access them from there

It really does make life that much easier than hooking up the camcorder to the PC unless its from the internal memory or an HDD camcorder and even then you can down load to HDD first.

R

RunnerDuck

I tried the suggestions above and still I'm having no luck. I take the SD card out of my HDC-TM300 and put it in my card reader. My computer does not see it, that's the bad news.
I can connect to my camera and see the files both on the SD card and the internal RAM from Studio. Now I'm wondering why my card reader won't read the card.
I took the SD card out of my Pentax camera and it reads it just fine.
Any other thoughts?

senu

Distinguished Member
I tried the suggestions above and still I'm having no luck. I take the SD card out of my HDC-TM300 and put it in my card reader. My computer does not see it, that's the bad news.
I can connect to my camera and see the files both on the SD card and the internal RAM from Studio. Now I'm wondering why my card reader won't read the card.
I took the SD card out of my Pentax camera and it reads it just fine.
Any other thoughts?
Is the card reader capable of reading SDHC cards?

You could try using the SD card from your Pentax Camera in the Panasonic, just as an experiment

R

RunnerDuck

Bingo, we have a winner, I was able to read a regular SD card just fine. I never knew that an SD reader could only read certain SD cards.
Thanks for all your help, that was really quite frustrating :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom