Import CD - costs involved??

madstaff

Hi, i am just weighing up the costs involved in purchasing a CD from Ebay Switzerland as i have never purchased anything from abroad before.

The CD itself is £7-89, and the shipping is £1-00.

By my limited research to date no import taxes or duty apply because the total cost is less than £15-00.

Would there be an 'admin fee' or any other costs incurred??

Thanks.

KungFuPro

I bought a £20 file from Portugal the other day and didn't incur any extra charges, didn't even think of import tax at the time. I would think you should be fine for an £8 item. It arrived quicker than most first mail items bought in the UK too.

D

Deleted member 13294

KungFuPro said:
I bought a £20 file from Portugal the other day and didn't incur any extra charges, didn't even think of import tax at the time. I would think you should be fine for an £8 item. It arrived quicker than most first mail items bought in the UK too.

Portugal is in the EU, so there would be no import charges.

Not sure about the situation with Switzerland.

Geege

Switzerland is not part of the EU, but should this matter?

nheather

Distinguished Member
Switzerland is not part of the EU, but should this matter?

Yes, because duty would be due if coming from outside the EU.

However, in this case the OP is correct, the threhold is £15 total cost, below which taxes are waived.

Admin fees are only applicapble if the courier pays taxes on your behalf - so not in this case.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom